Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LTE downloading data willy nilly using up 50gb data in 15 days instead of lasting a month WTF?

We have an ADSL modem and use on average 50Gb per month with all our elctronic devices in the house. We installed LTE in April  and we used up 50Gb in 15 days. How does this happen? Who can tell me what websites were accessed or what date was downloaded? in many cases the data downlaod happens exactly at 00:01 in the morning, no one in my house is awake then? They tell me it is "updates" but for the last three years my ADSL never downloaded this much updates? I have been waiting for a response from telkom for the last two months, as a community member this sucks and is highly frustrating.

Regular Contributor

Re: LTE downloading data willy nilly using up 50gb data in 15 days instead of lasting a month WTF?

@Erik, they won't be able to tell you what sites or data you used, maybe just when and how much was used. You will need to call in - 081180.

Alternatively you would need to track it on your end, maybe run your internet through a Proxy server or something?

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors