Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Shockingly slow internet speed

The internet speed in my office is 0.1kb/s for two months already. I have waited two months and got no positive reply from telcom at all. I keep calling 10217 every day last week. Every consultant give excuses and send me new reference number. So frustrating ! How can I get a technician to help me?
Established Member

Re: Shockingly slow internet speed

I sure we still have data avaliable. We paid for 10Mbp/s.
Occasional Contributor

@Grace You might be mixing up two different issues.

• 10Mbps is the speed ofthe line - it perhaps is a soft-cap package meaning that if you dont have any data it will still connect to the internet but at a super-slow speed of 128Kbps.
  • You need data bundles - not sure how much data comes with your line or if there is any data left. But you can login/register at MyTelkom to check and/or top-up data.

Meanwhile you can check your router and test what the connection is syncing at. This might prove if the connection speed is the problem or the data.

Established Member

I still have over 60G data avaliable.

Have you called for regular updates on your fault? have you kindly and calmly requested an escalation?

Have you tried the Telkom guest username/password to see if the problem persists?

AllWorldIT Official Representative
Specializing in Wholesale Telkom Services
Occasional Contributor

Hi Grace

Read My Post:

"Why Your ADSL Line Fluctuates in speed from Dismal to Disgraceful!!"

Regards

UncaPaul

NCC

I've been having issues since 06 December. Our internet keeps droping. I have made a post to ask but got no replies. I've escalated the matter about 2 weeks ago and recently the "escalations" department have said they will keep the REFERENCE open. This however means that now when I SMS to report our ADSL is down, they say a fault is already open. So the only way I can report an issue is to call. I've tried 10217 5 times this morning and been on hold between 10 and 20min each time without getting through. I'm trying to run a business so can't just keep holding, after 15 to 20min I eventually have to hang up and deal with my own customers. So is there a number I can call other than 10217 to get feedback. And if escalated how does that help me as there has been NO answers or feedback for 2 weeks. Telkom acknowledge that our ADSL goes down daily for MANY hours, but say that there is no issue, they resolve the problem each day and then a few hours later its down again for 4 to 6 hours...

Moderator Moderator

@NCC please keep the discussion on Topic. Deviating will change the focus for the person who originally posted this thread.

output_Svao80.gif
NCC

Sorry, had not had a response to my original posts so was searching for help whereever I could, so looked for active chats to see if people could help. Will not do that again. Sorry... 

Occasional Contributor

Hi NCC

We have the unique position to provide to our Clients a range of ISP's and we have found that perhaps another ISP account can rule out at least one thing DATA cap.

Now I'm not saying this is your problem but lets go through the steps we would take as a support company.

1. Does the Router need a soft reset? 

About This Post
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 Contributors