Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Telephone Lines Suspended - Delay in reconnection

I am a small business and is dependend on my internet connectivity and telephone lines. My lines were cut due to non-payment and I accept full responsibility. However, I have made payment more than 48 hours ago and still my lines have not been reconnected.

Trying to explain to your staff the urgency around getting my line reconnected is a fruitless and wasteful exercise, because all they can say is that it will be reconnected by the system automatically. Apparently my payment is not reflecting on your side and no one is interested in my proof of payment. 

Any attempt to move up the food chain to get some action is also a waste of time, because no one cares about the client. all you care about is your processes and explaining to us how it works. This does not help anyone.

I promise you that I will grab the 1st opportunity I get to move away from Telkom because you do not care about your clients.

Re: Telephone Lines Suspended - Delay in reconnection

I have exactly the same issue. Also, I 100% depend on Internet every single day. I think since 2015 this rule came, we loose business most of the time.

If I have paid, I have the proof of payment, isn't really fair that the Reconnection Department check the proof of payment and reconnect.

48 hours punishment are destroying small busnesses and useless

After loosing business '48' we pay reconnection fee again

Can really Telkom do this otherwise? Can Telkom think of 'small businesses that may, for some reason, once in a while, delay to pay the bill?

I'm struggling to get mine reconnected and it's been more than 48hrs, in the meantime I'm unable to work. Telkom simply doesn't care

I have the same problem, however, Telkom cancelled the debit order for some reason, payment was made, 48 hours passed, only to be told this morning that they cannot confirm how long this will take.   This is a home office and no business can be done, the Call Centre Agents just don’t care and I do not for one minute believe that no one is able to assist.

This is shocking and I really wish that Telkom can get competition as this is just simply unacceptable.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors