Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Telkom Mobile App Not Working Fully

I recently upgraded my Business cellphone contract 072 988 2310 and since then, have been unable to get my data / voice / SMS balances from the "View Usage" button when using the Telkom Mobile App on my cellphone. When I try, I get a message saying "this is embarrassing, an error occurred" or I get a error screen filled with computer jargon regarding mapping types, destination path and source value. I have dialed 081 180 but get transferred from one call centre queue to another and never get to speak to someone because the queues are so long! I have re-loaded the app from Play Store. That did not work. Can anyone assist me please?
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Telkom Mobile App Not Working Fully

Hi @datjoe, we released a major update to our app recently. Do an update and let us know if you are still having issues.

Highlighted

Hi Telkom
The app is working much better now as it wasn't working at all before. 
However it's still far from 100%. If after opening and using the app, I leave it running in the background. When I come back to use it minutes later, I get the message that "this is embarrassing" and the app has to be closed down and reopened which is frustrating to say the least. 

Hope that helpsDavid Hamer 072 988 2310 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Highlighted

Hi,

What did you do to resolve you problem? Updating the App did not work for me running the Latest version available on Appstore.

It sounds like I have exactly the Same Problem you did can confirm that I can only get Usage info if login to Telkom Website or do Balance Enquire to *188#.

When using the App I don't get info like before and when login just get message that "this is embarrassing". I Deleted Telkom App from my Phone, restarted Phone, Installed it again and still no luck.

Highlighted

Tried to query a fault reported a week ago. App doesn't send the query.
Highlighted

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 Contributors