Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

telkom techs close unfixed faults repeatedly

Hi all , i have been having problems with a few of my voice lines at my company. I have reprorted teh fault and got a reference number from telkom.

I constantly follow up with them and they say will take 7-10 working days or they say it is with a technician and depends how busy he is he will get to my fault. I wait for those7-10 days and nothing happens. When opening the fault i advise we are closed weekends and only availble weekdays an i also specialy inform them we close early on a Friday. On 3 occasions now on a Friday after our closing time being 3pm i get a sms stating the problem has been fixed and fault is now closed only to come back on Monday and find the problem has not been fixed. Telkom technicians lie that they fix the fault and close the faults on a late Friday afternoon knowing the client is not at work and cannot test. They even lie and say they where at my premises at half past 3 when at half pas 3 there is no one at work. Sadly my faults have still not been fixed.

Has anyone else had this poor and crapy service from telkom ?? Anyone got any contact details for some people high up in telkom that we can contact with regards to this ?

Highlighted

Re: telkom techs close unfixed faults repeatedly

@hasan786 wrote:

Has anyone else had this poor and crapy service from telkom ?? Anyone got any contact details for some people high up in telkom that we can contact with regards to this ?

I ended up cancelling all my telkom services after 3 months of not getting the issue fixed. The "Retention department" phoned me to see how they could retain me as a customer, explained in detail how they were simply closing the issue and not fixing the issue. I doubt they will ever fix the issue. You could try the telkomZA on facebook and twitter.

I was lucky enough to be able to move to fibre

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

It is sad to see that people have to eventually leave before getting the service they deserve.  #telkombadservicemustfall

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted

I have had exactly the same experience but am wondering how this site actually helps. As I read on I notice that this site is not for the purpose of getting problems solved but rather for getting "things off your chest" with others who are also extremely frustrated. What is ever going to be done about the poor service? I can only forsee it getting worse. I have spent a fortune in cell phone calls just to listen to the jingly-jangly tune as I wait for yet another "I understand, I can only apologise" answer to my query. Fault has been escalated, marked as urgent and closed at least six times. I still have no line. I used to think Telkom was efficient but over the past two years the service has just gone downhill. ADSL line is also constantly having to be reset in order to speed it up as they seem to pass bandwidth on to others during peek times. Anyway, as I said, not sure how this will help. I am also very frustrated. 

Highlighted

yep it doesnt reslove anything. sad thing is telkom is teh biggest network insfrastructure in South Africa.

I was looking at wireless solution at my work place but we are not in any line of site to any towers.

Fibre is an option with service level agreements with regards to uptime and so on but it is pricey , and atleast 3 months to install and get tied into a contract. What happens if there is down time and alot ? even though there is an agreement the type of techs they have are useless and you can never trace which tech clsoed the fault to try and catch him and repremand him. Well i guess thats what you get for being with Telkom. Im yet to find a solution that is cost effective and works in my area.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@hasan786 @lemere - I think fair points that both of you make.  For me fair game is to come up with suggestions on what Telkom can do to improve the perceived service.  As a start I think more investment needs to be made in two areas and I would appreciate your inputs on this and others to see how we can encourage them to do so:

1. The call reference number should count for something. The page where you can track your fault should give you the info you need rather than to HAVE to phone the call centre.  In a week all I could see on this link was that my call was still OPEN.  No further info.  Fix this and you will fix a lot of the frustrations.
  2. Coupled with this is a clear indication of the process steps that are taken during troubleshooting.  What does the individual statuses mean and how will we know what exactly is happening to our faults?  Give a normal process, and also how things might be expected to be escalated etc.  This will mean that we will understand what to expect and will improve our engagement.
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Highlighted

I agree, But who do we talk to???? The agents on the phone just listen and
apologise. They cannot do anything further. I waited twenty minutes to be
put through to a supervisor only to be told he was out. I was then promised
that he would call me. Never did. So who do we talk to?????
--
"Map out your future, but only in pencil".
Jon Bon Jovi
Highlighted

we have no one to talk to. No manager , ceo nothing. We pay hell of alot of money wit h no service.

Overseas they have google fibre and jeez like from one black box it is thier , internet at lighting speeds and stable , thier satilite tv , infact all multimedi from that one box.

Highlighted

yes , the service from telkom is absolutely shocking and I would suggest that anyone planning on using them  forget the idea.

My line has been out for more than two weeks and I phone telkom daily with absolutely no response.

I am sick of this poor useless service,.

I expect someone to call me in the next hour with a solution to this problem.

Highlighted

I can further confirm, that not only is the fault closed, it is erased off the system, because when one follows up a month later, still not having the problem resolved, somehow the reference one was given 'does not exist'.

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 Contributors