Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Gaming - what are you playing?

Hi there,

I've been wanting to open this topic for a few days now, but didn't want to be the only topic in the Lounge area, haha Smiley Happy

So are there any gamers around here? What are you guys playing and on what platform?

I have recently started playing Fallout 4 (on PS4) - like a lot of the gamer population I am guessing Smiley Tongue

Liking it so far, it took me a while to get into it as I felt it was too much of a "Skyrim like" gameplay/storyline, but picks up nicely when you work on the main quest. I am actually looking forward to have time off between Christmas and New Year to plough through it Smiley Happy

In terms of favourite games this year, without doubt The Witcher 3 - which is probably one of my favourite games EVER (alongside Mass Effect/Dragon Age). I am actually looking forward to finish Fallout 4 so that I can dig my teeth into the Witcher 3's DLC Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Re: Gaming - what are you playing?

[ Edited ]

Hi @Charlotte

I am also busy playing Fallout 4, on PC. I am 40 hours in but starting to find it kind of boring and repetetive. There was a period where it was the only thing i could think of and had the need to play it, but it was short lived. I could also not get into The Witcher, i do have it and have played for like 10 hours, but the combat feels off for me. I am waiting for Just Cause 3, i was hooked on the 2nd one. But the games I just cant wait for is The Division and No Man's Sky. 

Highlighted
Established Member

Whaaa @Vlam69?! I honestly can't really find a fault to Witcher 3 Smiley Tongue I am usually a PC gamer when it comes to RPGs, but sadly it has decided to die on me, and was really really impressed with it on PS4. It was smooth and flexible, loved it. But hey, people can't all like the same thing - it would suck Smiley Tongue

Next up on my "Pile of Shame":

- Game of Thrones by Telltale games - I love story driven point/clicks, have played the 1st 2 episodes and really liked it

- Dragon Age: Inquisition - the 2nd DLC 

- Assassin's Creed Syndicate - because London

- The Witcher 3 - the 1st DLC Smiley Happy

For the moment no major upcoming titles that have woowed me. Which is good. This means I can work down "the pile" Smiley Happy

Highlighted

There are a lot of AAA titles that have been released.

I am a PC gamer though, and just bought Assassins Creeed Syndicate, which I will start in a few days time.

I would also suggest you look at World of Warships, a free-to-play First person simulator.

It has in game purchases, but you dont need to buy anything to enjoy the full game, and is quite enjoyable.

Deric Slabberts
(MCP, MCDST, MCTS, DCSE)Individual Computer Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member

@dericslab > I am guessing that World of Warships is made by the same guys as World of Tanks?

I find the free-to-play model interesting, although I am not a massive fan myself as it often turns into "pay-to-win" if the gameplay mechanics are not well ironed out.

On another note, I came across a cool link yesterday that determines which are your top games - it's quite of a lenghty process, but was pretty accurate Smiley Happy

Here is the link: http://slimedrippings.tumblr.com/gamefaqssort 

And my results Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Completely agree with you about the pay-to-win model.

World of Warships (Same company as World of Tanks yes) is not like that

though. You can have fun in the game and compete well, without having

to spend money.

Spending money will only enhance your play, which I like.

I can think of some games though where you can see the goal is to make you pay for items / playability.

I have also been told that its much better than World of Tanks, but I have not played it so I am not sure.

Thanks for the link. I know what takes up my time, but you can see your hours in Steam also :-)

Deric Slabberts
(MCP, MCDST, MCTS, DCSE)Individual Computer Solutions
Highlighted

Hey Hey @Charlotte

Well i am quite a Huge online Gamer My games i really enjoy playing is Battlefield 4 ( i played all the previous titles) , Im a huge Fifa fan i have never missed buying a Fifa title i am currently playing Fifa16 i am really impressed with everything except the Fifa ultimate team match finding at the moment since it was released there has been problems in finding opponents on a regular basis! but i am still really enjoying it

Huge Dota 2 Gamer i absolutly love it!!

I just bought Star Wars Battlefront last week and i have to say WOW just WOW i am really loving it so much i have been so addicted to it since i bought it Smiley Very Happy i have clocked 80 hours since i bought it on the 19th!

I play all the games on PC and have never been dissapointed! I am loving it that some games is already a cross-platform based i just love owning PS4 players on my PC hehe Smiley Very Happy Man Tongue

Highlighted

Grand Theft Auto V and Far Cry 4 on PC, with some Black Ops 3 thrown in for all round balance Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi Charlotte! 

I mostly play League of Legends. I used to game WAY more than now but priorities change Smiley Happy My bro does have the Xbox One with all the latest titles so if I ever feel the need to do some COD BO3 or GTA V it is always there Smiley Very Happy 

Highlighted

Enter a body
About This Post
  • 11 replies
  • 17 kudos
  • 9 Contributors