Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

My night surfer is not working

I have 1gig of night surfer but telkom keep billing me from my normal data even between 12am and 7am as they claim. Why?
Valued Contributor

Re: My night surfer is not working

Hi @Carlyshai

Night surfer data is only available on Telkom LTE network, so if you’re not in range of a Telkom tower your signal roams to MTN and usage will be from your normal package data .

Hope this helps explain.

Occasional Visitor

Hi, it makes sense. Thanks
Valued Contributor

Hi @Carlyshai

You're welcome !

PS   I understand their 'out of bundle' data prices aren't bad now so you could try that route if you run short without nightsurfer.

Just bought a 1gb + 1gb Once Off Data Bundle This is taken from the telkom website -my night data is not working on MTN but telkom advertises that it does Please explain the xtended national coverage giving access to data services on both Telkom Mobile network as well as MTN 3G roaming network Available for purchase to all Telkom customers Start by selecting your Once Off Data Bundles option 1GB + 1GB Once Off Data Bundles Better National Coverage. Better Value. You better get our prepaid data. 25MB Anytime data Valid until the end of the next calendar month from date of activation Extended national coverage giving access to data services on both Telkom Mobile network as well as MTN 3G roaming network-(false advertising) Available for purchase to all Telkom customers Out of bundle rate of R0.29 per MB Get it via Telkom App or Log in to Telkom Self Service Portal

@Kathy1wrote:

Hi @Carlyshai

Night surfer data is only available on Telkom LTE network, so if you’re not in range of a Telkom tower your signal roams to MTN and usage will be from your normal package data .

Hope this helps explain.

Valued Contributor

Hi @simplesimon

The forum isn't manned by Telkom agents, ( we're customers like you ), so you'll need to contact Telkom via the support channels if you feel the ad is misleading.

I know it's always a pain to plough through T&Cs  but this is on Telkom T&C link under the advert  :-

Night surfer data , Telkom once off bundles T&C : 

1. Anytime data shall allow Telkom subscribers to roam on the MTN network as set out further herein. For example if a subscriber purchases a 1GB + 1GB she/he will be provided with 1GB anytime data that can be consumed when on Telkom network and MTN roaming network and 1GB Telkom night surfer data that will only be consumed if subscriber is on the Telkom network. 

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 Contributors