Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
Accepted Solution

No more R500GB

Guy's, I need to know what happened to the smart broadband 500GB night surfer data? My neighbour can access his nite data options when he dials *123# ......but I don't have that option anymore, so does my bro. Is it a family beef or what?
Valued Contributor

Re: No more R500GB

Hi @Phil_T

Plenty enquiries seen around the net but no clarity re. who qualifies for the new deal . 

Apparently the 500gb night surfer ended 5 May but their new deal’s ‘not automatically available to all customers’ .  MBB articles might be useful for info  : - 

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/259731-telkom-monice-night-surfer-lte-data-450gb-for-r59.htm...

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/259429-telkom-offering-new-night-surfer-data-bundles-followi...

“The new Mo’Nice Night Surfer data bundle now spotted is:

450GB Night Surfer Data @ R59 (30 Days).

Night Surfer data on the Telkom network is available between midnight and 07:00 each day.

The offer is not automatically available to all customers, however.”

Probably worth a call to 081180 with your usage history & see what they’ll do for you ? 

Occasional Visitor

Thanks Kathy

Get Outlook for Android
Casual Visitor

It is totally unfair that only a selected few from Telkom gets the 450gb Night Surfer. I for one used the 500gb and I believe that my usage was high. Now I get an Option on Mo'Nice for 5gb for 1 day....this is rediculous!!! Telkom, there should not be favourites, please give us this option. Please advise how we can attain this 450gb. Will a call to Telkom reslove this? 

Valued Contributor

Hi @MasterCool

Probably worth a call to 081180 with your usage history & see what they’ll do for you ? 

Casual Visitor

Hi Kathy1,

I called Telkom, but they still have excuses. They have made mention that
the 450gb is discontinued as well, but if I check up with a friend of mine
who still has the offer, he says no issues at all....so he purchased. Hope
to get this deal back Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

Hi @MasterCool

Yep - sorry to hear you’re not in their ‘ Mo nice chosen few ‘ ( yet ?) ,  seems nobody knows who qualifies.

🙄

OK, so I got an SMS offering the 450Gb for R59 Night data deal and telling me to dial *123# 

Great I though to myself, I'm in, part of the inner circle

But yeah, guess what, that night data deal isn't listed on Mo'Nice when I try -_-

What now?

Valued Contributor

Hi @Badballie

Call  081180 - tell them you got the sms but the deal's not loaded ... perhaps it'll only appear 1 Sep for the new month ?

Valued Contributor

@Badballie

Hope I guessed right  did they confirm you're in ?

😀

About This Post
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 Contributors