Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Casual Visitor

Upgrade from ADSL to fiber - no action

I received a call from Telkom offering an upgrade from adsl to Telkom in May and was told it would take 10 days. It’s now 6-7weeks later and still Waiting!! Called the call center and was told it would be escalated and resolved in 24 hours. That was 3 weeks ago. Called again and told would be escalated again....and still waiting. Try calling call centre again and am on hold for over 20min each time and speak to no one. What does it take to get it done?
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade from ADSL to fiber - no action

Hi @Smalds

We had similar issues & frustration last year. You might need infinite patience but hang in there-  it’s worth the wait. 

Telkom telesales started calling us with the ‘ fibre migration’ offer a year before it was actually available. We also got different answers on follow up,  found it impossible to get a reliable ETA. 

If you’ve received a formal order number and their coverage map shows fibre available at your address,  try messaging your details & order ref to a Telkom media support team - they’re usually best for good response & results  :-   

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:    @telkomza

email :    support@telkom.co.za

Good luck, hope this helps.

Highlighted
Casual Visitor

Thanks so much. I have a reference so will definetly try that route
Valued Contributor

Hi @Smalds

You're very welcome, your fibre should happen soon based on what they've told you so far ( albeit different ETAs ).

I should also have mentioned - just to be safe backup your Telkom mailbox and/or change mail settings before they upgrade your contract - that was the only item not resolved in my case  -  more here : 

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/ADSL-VDSL-Fibre/ADSL-to-Fibre-the-long-amp-winding-road/m-p/16842#...

Best of luck - please keep us posted re the outcome. 

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors