Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Upgrade

Hi

How do i upgrade my 4MB uncap line to 10MB line.

Regards

Andre

Super Contributor

Re: Upgrade

Hi @Andre9172,

Check Telkom coverage map to make sure your line will support 10MB & if all good just call 10213 to order upgrade  

I got a 24 month contract uncapped 4MB line effective May 2017 and wanted to upgrade the line.

Called 10213 and they levied a penalty of R932.00 to be paid once off if I wish to upgrade to 10MB line.

Is that correct cause I am not downgrading.

Please assist.

Regards

Andre Jacobs

Super Contributor

Hello again  @Andre9172,

Telkom's site says 'not a cent " for upgrades but presumably that's only on completed contracts.  Uncapped accounts on 24m contracts are usually restricted to a certain speed, so that might explain the once-off penalty they mentioned. 

I'm guessing the monthly subscription may also increase if you upgrade now.  If you do decide to go for it just check your SNR & attentuation first to be sure your line will definitely support the higher speed  (it depends on line quality - even when coverage map says 10 mbps is available).

cheers

Casual Visitor

Good day,

How do I upgrade from Lite to uncapped so that I can watch Showmax

Megan Lipschitz

tel 011 786-9244

Super Contributor

Hi @Megan1945

You can speak to an agent online to find out what to do for  your contract upgrade :

https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/help/personal/talk-to-us-anchor/#start-chat , or you could visit a store .  

PS     The community is a public forum ( we're Telkom customers ike you ) so you might want to edit out personal details from your post.

Hope this helps.

Casual Visitor

Finally got hold of someone at 2.30.
Had been trying since 9am.
Hopefully they have done the upgrade. Have a reference number.
Thanks for the comments.
Regards,
Megan

Hi 

I'm trying to upgrade ,but when I complete all the info the system keeps saying incorrect and kicking me out of the site grrrr. It is my details and it's really becoming frustrtating. HELP!!!!

I want to upgrade to the February deal that they have going on 

Super Contributor

Hi @amyb,

The community can't really help with sales & service ( we're customers like you ) , but if still no joy online re the upgrade try giving the agents a call :

• Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
  • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)

Hope this helps.

Casual Visitor

Hi, I tried to log a fault and the program rejects my cell number, we have no landline at all. The Internet works fine. If this persists can we upgrade to wireless Lite 20Gig's here in Margate KZN. Regards Alex.

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 Contributors