Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

10 gig data finished in 9 days

I'm having some suspicions about telkom lately. I've this contract with them for data since 2011. 20gig contract - for most of the last 5 years I never ran out of data. However since last year December I'm noticing data getting gobbled up. I have checked the settings on my cell phone which connects to the wifi when I come home in the evenings - I reset my data counter on the 1st May - plus I had 1.5 gig extra that I had purchased on the 30 April. Today my data is gone! 10 gig plus the 1.5 gig daytime data. The night bundle only half remains. Something is not right - I have 2 phones which most of the day are not connected to the wifi only when I get home from work. I do stream movies online but nothing more than what I was always streaming in previous months. Telkom is doing something different that's ensuring that we keep buying more data from them. This is fishy.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: 10 gig data finished in 9 days

hi @Yogiebear01 what resolution do you stream in? if you only connect when you et home, then looking at this could be an answer. just to give an indication, streaming at 720p would use about 800MB to 1GB per hour.

Re: 10 gig data finished in 9 days

Hi @goatfish not sure but I'll def check out resolution next tym.
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors