Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Almost zero speed despite coverage map saying I have coverage

[ Edited ]

I am having trouble with my LTE. The coverage map says I have coverage for LTE but my connection is at about 1.2 mb/s and upload speed fails on a speedtest. This is not close to the speed I have to get and I am paying about R1000 a month for this.

As I read somewhere else, it is almost impossible for Telkom support to sort you out because they are hopeless.

I have a two year contract that is only expiring Jan/Feb 2019. Can I cancel my contract with Telkom?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Almost zero speed despite coverage map saying I have coverage

Hi @Rustman

Sorry to see what’s happening to you.

We’re customers in the forum,  only a Telkom support channel can attend service issues, options here  :-

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Telkom-Service-Channels-How-to-get-Help/m-p/1768#M13

If you’ve already checked your network hardware, cables,  etc. are fine & tried a router reboot,  try calling Telkom tech support on 081180 (early 8 am best) and ask for a port reset.

Otherwise you can report a fault online here:-  https://apps.telkom.co.za/assurance/public/logafault  , then if no joy, message a complaint to a Telkom media support team below & email it to support@telkom.co.za.  Include your contract details, fault refs, dates, & speed tests.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

If Telkom are unable to fix the speed & your connection proves to be unfit for purpose it should be possible to arrange early cancellation.

Hope this helps, good luck - please keep us posted re what happens.

Highlighted

Hi @Kathy1.

I have exhausted all channels for help. I tried Twitter, Facebook and even HelloPeter.

Now I am fed up because no one is responding to me. I tried to cancel my contract with them now, but when I do the online cancellation, it gives me an error. I tried getting help from the chat application on the website, but all they want to do is escalate the problem, and this also leads to nothing. 

I am so fed up at the moment that I do not want to go to a store, or talk to support on the phone, because I am scared I will throw a fit, and step over the line.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @Rustman

Jeez , beyond frustrating that Telkom isn’t responding - no wonder you’re climbing the walls.  Wish forum could help but only Telkom can do anything. 

I understand their online cancellation facility will only function once your contract  expires. (Even then apparently only works sporadically).

You said Telkom chat support  escalated your fault so keep hammering in writing  -  add the chat to the complaint you submitted to their support channels , and resend the lot to support@telkom.co.za  with all the previous details , docs,  refs & dates .  

No consolation,  but Telkom media team posted this at the weekend  :- 

“We apologize for the delayed response and for the inconvenience caused , please be advised that we are experiencing service issues and our Technical team are attending to this matter with great urgency, kindly DM your details ( ID Number and the Number in question) as we need to escalate your query to our Technical team for further assistance, feedback will be communicated soon.” 

Hope you get a decent outcome soon , please do keep us posted.

Highlighted

Thanks for the information Kathy Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Stop your payments, they are a bunch of thieves....

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 Contributors