Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bad LTE connection and service

Hi Guys

i reported an issue with my LTE in DEc 2015 (17285932) it is still not resolved and sofar i had to be happy with 2-3 bars on my LTE router. On sat i  had no LTE connection even though it shows i have 2-3 bars, i reported the fault once again (19120764) it is still not resolved and out of experience if i have to wait to get this sorted i rather want my contract cancelled and my money back, i am considering reporting this to IKASA as well as i am really not very happy about how this is handled. Your call center is amazing but im starting to think your back office is a myth.

Regular Contributor

Re: Bad LTE connection and service

@Tobievg these are wireless technologies, they are dependant on signal strength and are best effort, everyone knows that. What you can look at is a high gain antenna to boost the signal. I have seen some Pyonting antenna on Takealot

when i signed up on my contract it showed i had LTE signal, when i signed the contract the quality of the signal was not up to standard and you guys installed an antenna, now that sounds like great customer service and i agree but let me expand now, the wrong antenna was installed, they damaged my wall with the installation, i had to pay a 3rd party to move the antenna before it broke off the wall and broke a large window and my pc. i have been patient for 2 years with promises it will be sorted and when signing up for a contract i didnt get informed about how weak the signal strengh is.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @Tobievg, I'm just a member here, a customer like you. You should report the signal. I know with cellular it i always difficult, thats why I am still on ADSL. With signal, the more people who are on a tower, the more power they draw and the radius of the tower shrinks, called cell breathing. I have seen posts here that says Telkom is now also going to use 1800Mhz frequency for LTE. This added bandwidth might help in the long run.

Hi

I live in Marina da Gama in Muizenberg and of late am experiencing terrible lagging/buffering with my LTE router.  It is impossible to watch Netflix or even connect to WhatsApp/Facebook etc with my phone.  What is the issue?  I understand that quite a few people in my area are experiencing the same issues.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors