Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
LT1
Accepted Solution

Bad service LTE

I have ordered a LTE deal online and received my modem today. After unpacking and reading how to set it up realised that I do not have a sim card. It is impossible to get hold of anyone on the number 10213, after trying several times never got through to any one! How and where do I get a sim card?? Good deal if you cannot use the modem......

Established Member

Re: Bad service LTE

Hi

Yes, their Sales line is really not effective. The SIM should have come with the modem etc. I suggest going in to TM store, and hope they dont turn you away because they are really unsopportive to customers who make online sales. There's this idiotic notion among all service providers, "if you didnt use this sales channel, then dont ask us for support"

Maybe the sim will be delivered separately?

You are lucky you even got the modem.

I have been waiting a month with still no delivery and no answer from Telkom.

I have given up and will just refuse delivery when it arrives and cancel the contract. I will be 100 years old before it arrives by the looks of it.

You are lucky you even got the modem.

I have been waiting a month with still no delivery and no answer from Telkom.

I have given up and will just refuse delivery when it arrives and cancel the contract. I will be 100 years old before it arrives by the looks of it.

LT1

Totally agree! Very poor speed! Nothing like what is advertised.
MNC

I've got an issue as well. LTE Internet download speed went from about 40Mb/s to 0.8Mb/s in the last 4 days. I've had LTE for the last 2 years, and this is the first time it's been this bad for this long. Reset the router, nothing. Flushed the DNS and renewed it, nothing. It must be the network. I've been in touch with Telkom through Twitter, with no avail. I'm quite disappointed in Telkom right now. I've got like 80gb data left that I'm paying for, but can't use!

IRe: Bad service LTE

Me too. I'm being throttled for some reason.

I have had no connectivity between 29/11 and 23/12 - and then very intermittent connectivity - no feedback from telkom or responses to queries. My fault has not been attended to and when asking for a credit i was ignored like a stop street.

After telling everyone how happy i have been with Telkom for over 2 years I am now sitting with this mess that is just not being resolved at All

I have ordered my LTE Router online at their sales at 10213

That was on the 29th of March.  Taking into consideration the public holidays following, it was delivered on the 4th of April 2018

Set it up at home, just to discover that the Sim is not activated.  So on the 9th i phoned and logged a complaint.  

Guess what? Its is still not activated? 

Guess what?  I am very sorry that i ordered it

Guess what? They make it impossible for you to return it if it was delivered by Courier. 

A Sales Consultant at 10213, just told me i must phone 081180

Guess what?  081180 - They tell me i must phone 10213

Telkom stores won't accept it when it was delivered by Courier. 

Now i am wondering, shall i go and deliver it to their CEO? Make an appointment with him and  then ask him to please accept this crap back as i 

am not interested in having something that i cannot use. 

Imagine they were selling tv's or cars and they deliver it to you but it will only be activated a year later. Imagine that!  

I hope one of the CEO'S of Telkom also reads this page. 

I ordered a LTE Router online on the 29th of March. Delivered 4th of April 2018

Sims is still not activated. 

Guess what,  the Telkom stores are not part of Telkom. They refuse to help you in any way if you go there.  Why? 

Guess what? If you have ordered the router at their sales line 10213,  you cannot return it. If you phone to ask where can you have it returned to

as you do not want something you cannot use, they refer me to the 081 180 number.

Guess what?  The person at the 081180 number refers me to the 10213 number.

Guess what? I am now going to contact the Ombudsman and also Carte Blanche and whoever else will be willing to listen to me and help me to get this **bleep** router out of my life. 

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 7 Contributors