Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Can't connect to Telkom/MTN 3G Roaming issues

HI, I've purchased the 500GB Nightsurfer package at the beginning of December. I live in Pretoria. No problems thus far, been downloading everynight with good speeds.

I am in Laaiplek in the Western Cape for the holidays, and my MTN router can't connect, it just says "roaming", and that MTN will charge out of bundle rates. It simply won't connect. It won't even connect on mobile. There is a good MTN signal here, if there is no Telkom signal, which there is here, then why doesnt it simply connect?

What does this mean and what do I do? THanks. 

Highlighted

Re: Can't connect to Telkom/MTN 3G Roaming issues

Hi @Riaan26 The 500GB NightSurfer is only for the Telkom Network & won't work while roaming on MTN. You could try to force it to connect only to Telkom in your Modem's Network Settings. Good Luck
Highlighted

Thank you. I've set up a new APN on my router, which connects, though I get a Telkom screen that shows my bundle has been depleted. Eish. Thanks for trying to help.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Adequate coverage in Velddrif.Adequate coverage in Velddrif.

Telkom says usage of the Nightsurfer bundle is dependant on whether you fall in Telkoms Mobile network/LTE network coverage. I've checked for this, on Telkoms coverage map on their website, and their IS mobile/LTE coverage in this area. So I don't understand what the problem is.

Highlighted

Hi @Riaan26

Make sure your modem connects & is set to connect/join Telkom Network Only & not roam.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors