Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't connect to app.shopify.com. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I am not able to login to my Shopify store.

This site can’t be reached

app.shopify.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Some additional information:

I am using Telkom LTE.
I have tried logging in from various search browsers such as Chrome, IE and Firefox from my computer. Nothing works.
I can see my shopify website, I just can't login.
I am based in Sydenham, Johannesburg.
Shopify is the only website I use that I can't login to. All other websites are working fine for me.

I phoned Shopify and according to them it's a problem with Telkom and nothing is wrong on their side.

If I use my mobile data (I am with MTN) I can login from my phone. But, as soon as I connect to my wireless network (Telkom LTE) I can't login from my phone or my computer. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this or how I can reach the right person at Telkom that can look into this?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Can't connect to app.shopify.com. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I am experiencing the same problem. I hope there is going to be a solution soon!

YES us too, apparently its got to do with googles cloud service connectivity??? Any ideas Telkom?? Shopify staff recommended we turn our router off and restart it to fix the problem. seem to work... Let me know if anyone fixes there problem

Highlighted

YES us too, apparently its got to do with googles cloud service connectivity??? Any ideas Telkom?? Shopify staff recommended we turn our router off and restart it to fix the problem. seem to work... Let me know if anyone fixes there problem. Im more concerned for our customers!!

Also had the same problem for past few days. So pissed off. All my responses from shopify point to Telkom being the problem, so there's nothing to be done from Shopify's side.

Now the question is what/who/how is going to fix the problem from Telkom's side.

At the moment I'm using my phone as a hot-spot but this is not the solution. It's costing me data.

This is my last Shopify correspondence...

I understand the frustration and we have been trying to restore connectivity to our platform for affected South African merchants. Thank you for working through those troubleshooting steps from before - since our last email, more information regarding Telekom has come through.

The Telekom ISP is experiencing major congestion problems on their end leading to Admin Dashboards and Storefronts not loading. To work around this we have attempted to re-route the traffic to get our merchants back online. This has not fixed the problem.

Your best point of contact is Telekom now as we have isolated the problem to them. Please let them know that you are still unable to access Shopify and the impact that it is having on your business.

As a practical next step, you can still access Shopify on your phone's mobile data or a different internet provider:

Most modern phone's have a hotspot function which will allow you to use the Phone's data through your computer.
You can find Apple's information on how to set this up here: Apple - Setup a hotspot.
This problems appears to be isolated to Telekom. You can access Shopify through a different internet connection temporarily while Telekom resolves their network issues.
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors