Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Change of Ownership

So here's the deal. I have multiple contracts with telkom and I have others using those contracts and paying me for them. Is it possible to get those contracts of my name by doing a change of ownership even if the contracts are like 5/24 months? If yes please can somebody Guide me to the Process
Valued Contributor

Re: Change of Ownership

Hi @justin2

You’d need to visit a Telkom store together with person/s taking over your contract/s with IDs , proof of addresses,  etc. 

I gather they can usually transfer contracts same day when both parties are already Telkom subscribers,  but ‘new’ subscribers taking over your contracts would have to first go through the usual  ‘ new customer' ’ vetting processes.  (not sure how long that takes.)

Established Member

Hi @Kathy1,

Thank you so much for the reply. However I do have some imformation from Telkom Back office directly. Unfortunately when you sign up for a 24 month contract you are not allowed/ telkom doesn't "Change ownership" whatsoever. I'm not sure why but the outlets/branches seem to give out incorrect information. I was told the same information that you gave to me at an Outlet but what the back office told me is different. So I will of course believe the back office as they are the people that do all the work on the inside.

Once again thank you @Kathy1
Kind Regards,
Justin
Valued Contributor

Hi @justin2

You’re welcome…  sorry just spotted your update very late.  Just to let you know I’ve seen many instances around the net where Telkom customers have changed LTE contract ownership at the stores . ( e.g. someone gets new fibre installed & another person takes over their existing LTE contract)  

Apparently it’s a fairly quick process once standard ID & vetting requirements are met. 

So I wonder if Telkom office also gave you the wrong info .  Here’s the application form on their website -  maybe worth a try before you give up?

http://www.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/Consumer_Application_Form.pdf

Hi

referring to the above question, would it be possible for the new owner to be a student, but, with the parent signing off as surerity that the account will be paid? as obviously one can not provide a payslip

Valued Contributor

Hi @ZoeLin

Sorry but can’t help much re Telkom service enquiries  ( we’re customers in the forum). 

Visit a Telkom store and see what their consultants can do for you. If your parents have an active Telkom account  perhaps it’s possible for them to order on your behalf. 

Hope this helps , good luck. 

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors