Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Changing my LTE data plan

Hi. I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to be asking/enquiring about this but I can't seem to get a straight answer from any of the sales assistants so...here goes.

In June 2016 I took up a contract with Telkom which was as follows
-30Gb + 30 Gb LTE
-Comes with an Huawei B315 Wireless Router
-R499 pm

While 60 gigs in total seems like a lot, considering I use most of my data on gaming, the updates are killing me. Some game updates are like 29Gb's (And that's almost monthly!).
Crazy huh?
So, seeing as how i'm in an impossible situation, my query is...I'm looking to upgrade my contract up to the Uncapped LTE contract for R799.
I don't need a new router which comes with the package, i'm okay with my current one. I just need to know if I can/if it's possible for me to simply upgrade my data plan. It's now 5 months into my current contract and i'm kinda crossing fingers that doesn't complicate my chances further.

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Changing my LTE data plan

Hi @NathanTitan, you are able to upgrade a package, just bear in mind that the SmartBroadband Wireless Uncapped is location dependant and not available everywhere. Visit the link and enter your address to see whether you fall within one of these areas. Otherwise you can upgrade to a 100Gb package? Also try and schedule your updates for after midnight.

http://www.telkom.co.za/today/unlimited-broadband/

Highlighted
Established Member

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the response @NC 

I just want to clarify though, I have checked my coverage map and it says I fall within the LTE coverage zone. Is this a correct indication that i'm able to get the uncapped wireless broadband deal?

Untitled.jpg

Can you also advise me on the steps i need to take in order to upgrade my data package? I've phoned through to various Telkom stores and spoke to the sales reps but to no avail as they either didn't know how to assist me, if it was possible to upgrade and even making up pretty crazy explanations...None of which made sense. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @NathanTitan, you are within LTE coverage, but not necessarily in an Uncapped LTE zone. Visit the following link to view all the areas and whether there are still available space on the towers - http://www.telkom.co.za/today/unlimited-broadband/

Highlighted
Established Member

[ Edited ]

thanks for the help man

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors