Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contract cancellation

Anyone else having major issues with cancelling their contract . I have been waiting from April 2017 and they keep sending me back and forth
Established Member

Re: Contract cancellation

Hi @Stew132 and welcome to the Telkom Community forum :-),

What contract are you trying to cancel and the reason for cancelling?

You may have better luck letting someone take over your contract. All you do is walk in together into the Telkom shop , sign some papers and hand over the sim and device if needed. :-)

Please let us know here what contract ;-) .

Regards,

Hit that Thumbs Up/Kudos button if I or another member in the community has helped you. It can only inspire us to do better in helping everyone like yourself. Thank You! ❤
Established Member

Lol...
Wish it worked as simply as Telkom describes the process... The staff at the Telkom stores are underpaid, under-trained and totally useless... No one is ever able to assist... The call centre staff are on a higher level of stupid... And if they have a 'difficult' question posed to them.... They simply drop your call ..after waiting for 45 mins to be assisted...😑

I have had problems from September 2017.

A family member passed away and I have been trying to cancel her telkom line since then without any luck.

Initially I went into our local Telkom branch and they processed the cancellation on-line however I did not ask for any documentary proof of cancellation - subsequently I have applied on line with all of the required documentation (death certificates etc) and still no luck. I do get an automatic email sent to me acknoweldging receipt of my application however at the end of the month I get another account which goes up by R177 per month.

Established Member

Typical Telkom behaviour! Incompetent bunch of idiots! I think the problem lies in staff training... Not even the suprrvisors are able to solve any problems...

It's ridiculous. I'm being charged every month with no service and the
invoice builds up every month .. They have no system .. I have saved all my
info . All my calls and emails .. which is 100s of messages . Tired of
calling them . Waiting for them to come at me . Will have all my facts in
place
Cha

I cancelled my account in November Last year using the online service

Any idea who can I excalate to since I am still getting bills

I have a similar issue with Telkom in trying to cancel my data contract since Oct 2017. The website cancellation process fails everytime. I tried to sent the filled in cancellation form and ID book scan to cancellations@telkom.co.za. The email hops every time. I tried their 081180 number and spoke to various people. They referred me to the website. They are actually stealing from their own customers!

This will probably fell on deaf ears.

I want to concel my Telkom staterpac contract
About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 7 Contributors