Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

DSTV Now on FreeMe 5 not using LIT Free Data

My DSTV Now App on my phone uses my normal monthly bundle data. Netflix and YouTube is fine and works as it should, not coming off my normal data, so I know my LIT Video is working fine. Is there anything that I should do to make the DSTV Now App use the LIT data, as I understand it is supposed to do?

Re: DSTV Now on FreeMe 5 not using LIT Free Data

I have encountered the exact same problem. Took out a Freeme 10gb contract last week. YouTube works perfectly with Telkom LIT Video. DSTV Now does not work the same as I have seen my normal 10gb data allocation decrease after using the app. I have logged a case with the call Centre and was told to wait a minimum of 9 working days for a response. Is this normal? 

Seems it only works if you use the Telkom LITTV Box......

Established Member

Hi, did Telkom get back to you regarding the charges, I also have the 5GB Freeme contract and am also billed for the data usage when the LIT service states DSTV NOW is part of the LIT Video service..

I called the call centre and they stated that LIT Video does not work with DSTV NOW..

Maybe they told you something else...

thank you

@ShiveshR wrote:

I have encountered the exact same problem. Took out a Freeme 10gb contract last week. YouTube works perfectly with Telkom LIT Video. DSTV Now does not work the same as I have seen my normal 10gb data allocation decrease after using the app. I have logged a case with the call Centre and was told to wait a minimum of 9 working days for a response. Is this normal? 

After numerous calls to the Telkom call centre they have finally said that I need to go back to the Telkom store to resolve the issue. The DStv Now App was clearly depicted in the Telkom LIT Video bundle in the Telkom brochure. If the service is not offered, that means that Telkom has falsely advertised a product.
Established Member

call centre is really a waste of time, as they can never assist.

the problem is to go and wait in a telkom store for assistance is like 2 hours of waiting...

did the store manage to sort you out?

Established Member

@ShiveshR wrote:
After numerous calls to the Telkom call centre they have finally said that I need to go back to the Telkom store to resolve the issue. The DStv Now App was clearly depicted in the Telkom LIT Video bundle in the Telkom brochure. If the service is not offered, that means that Telkom has falsely advertised a product.

Hi, did the store eventually resolve the issue and can you now watch DSTV NOW without depleting your data? Im in same position whereby data is being used up on my freeme 5gb deal...

Highlighted

Was there any closure on this? Was it falsely advertised?
About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors