Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Data usage indicated on my router not corresponding to Telkom's indicated usage

I have a Telkom Huawei B593s-601 LTE router and i have the Telkom 10G (plus 10G night surfer) per month package.  I have noticed that the amount of data used, as indicated by my router, and that which Telkom shows i have used differs substantially. For instance, i have cleared my routers data usage indicator just after midnight at the end of the previous month.  Thus starting the count from zero.  Today the router shows that i have used 5.09 G, while Telkom shows i have only 3938MB left. 5.09 x 1024MB = 5212MB.   10G = 10240MB, 10240MB - 5212MB = 5028MB left?? The router counts night surfer data too, of which i used a small portion, and i did not even add that here.   So, 5028MB - 3938MB = 1090MB!  Where did that go???  I know that nobody removed the sim from the router at any stage through the month.  So is  the router's counter out, or what am i missing here? Can somebody help with this?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Data usage indicated on my router not corresponding to Telkom's indicated usage

@webtron not sure, but sometimes there is a discrepency in how 1 Mb is calculated. Is it 1000Kb or 1024Kb

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors