Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Downgrade from LTE uncapped

Good day all,

I'm currently struggling to downgrade my contract at TELKOM.
Currently I have uncapped LTE all hours and would like to downgrade to a 20GB or 40GB package as i don't use as much data every month.

Tried phoning 10213 but no one seems to assist me, they keep on directing me to different department and no one can assist.
After 10 calls I decided to try the community, please can someone assist?

Regards

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Downgrade from LTE uncapped

@Ryno33

I'm in need of more information before I can answer your question.

Kindly note that this cummunity platform is unmonitored by call centre staff and requires you to use the 10213 or 081 180 service for making changes to your contract.

Please advise the month and year you obtained this service and whether Telkom provided the LTE modem. Also, have you agreed to a 24 month contract? How many months do you still have to go until the contract expires?

Jack

Don't be a follower, be a student. - Jim Rohn '81
Highlighted

@crazy_jack 

Thanks for the reply.

After a couple attempts again calling 10213 I finally got through to sales lady that can assist me.

My situation at the moment, I have agreed to a 24 month contract at TELKOM. Currently I am at the 13th month so 11 to go.

Apparently you cannot downgrade the speed of the contract if you agreed for the 24 month.

So made my decision to cancel the contract as I do not require uncapped at home, and take out a new 20Gb capped contract.

Thanks

Highlighted

@Ryno33 wrote:

@Krogerfeedback 

Thanks for the reply.

After a couple attempts again calling 10213 I finally got through to sales lady that can assist me.

My situation at the moment, I have agreed to a 24 month contract at TELKOM. Currently I am at the 13th month so 11 to go.

Apparently you cannot downgrade the speed of the contract if you agreed for the 24 month.

So made my decision to cancel the contract as I do not require uncapped at home, and take out a new 20Gb capped contract.

Thanks

Thank you for sharing article and information. this is very helpful for beginner.

Highlighted

Hello 

Can you please do an down grade for me, I have been calling Telkom but I can't reach them at all, I'm 300km away from telkom store. Number to down grade 0817606117. Please help me with migration to 2GB of R40. Ever since April requesting this but they failed to assist me. 

Thank you. 

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors