Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

External Antenna for my LTE

[ Edited ]

I recently signed up for LTE Uncapped. My LTE device (E5186) is setup and working but  I am recieving very low speed ~2-4mps on average.

I need an external antenna but when I phoned support, they promised to send someone round. They didn't! Instead I received a SMS to email my details, and the call was closed. Since then I have not had any reply to my email. (hso@telkom.co.za)

How does one go about getting an Antenna for thier device. Since my local Telkom Shop is of no assistance they constantly refer me to call 081180. 

081180 refered me to an email address and closed my call. The email is a dead end as I've recieved no reply, not even an automated response.

Can no body at telkom assist? 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: External Antenna for my LTE

hey @GforceD as far as I know, the telkom store should at least be able to process an order for the antenna. have you posted to TelkomZA on facebook or @HelloTelkom on twitter regarding the antenna?

Highlighted

Noooo! Now the Telkom Community is refering me to social media, when will the referals end. Smiley Wink

@goatfish Thanks I'll stop by the shop and see what they say failing that , I'll tweet them.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

lol this is how it goes. as a community, we can try to help each other as much as we can but, orders have to be logged by telkom. @HelloTelkom should be able to get something done if the shop fails in this regard. I'm holding thumbs it doesn't.

Highlighted

Tweeted @HelloTelkom and they said I can get at the telkom shop. So stay tuned.
Highlighted

So telkom do sell antennas,  Tx. Unfortunalty the SELL the antennas. Any way they only had the omni xpol 1 or some thing I picked up 2 of these and procedded to mount them over the weekend, my signal went from -117 mDb to -98 mDb. Speeds unchanged! 3-5 Mbps. Upload shot up to 8Mbps.

This is not going well.

Highlighted

I still need to get it fitted
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Raeesukaye, have you received the antenna? Please drop an email to hso@telkom.co.za with all your details.

Highlighted

Hi GforceD

At what Telkom Shop did you Purchase these antennas. i dont have a very bad Download in my area. I am getting about 25mbps(peak times) at the lowest and 60mbps at the best, but my main purpose for the LTE package is the upload because i do live streaming. Seeing as you have achieved 8mbps upload i would dream for that. I only get 2.5mbps upload and some nights 4mbps at best. The servers i stream to require a minimum of 3.5mbps upload. So really interested on how you got the 8mbps upload.??

Highlighted

Hi Guys,

I need to extend the range for my wifi at home. We use the HUAWEI LTE B 315 model.

Im about 20 m away from the router and network comes and goes.

Any suggestions??

I've looked into getting external antenna or getting a repeater.

Thanks

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 Contributors