Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

External LTE Antenna Installation

Received my router and antenna mid-June. Haven’t been able to use the service as the signal inside my house is too weak, I do get signal from time to time but it’s so slow, not even 1mbps download when I do manage to connect. I've been charged R1538 so far for a service I cannot use. I've been calling their call centres at least 2-3 times a week and all I get is "we apologize for the inconvenience, we will escalate the matter to our technicians" they say that it’s out of their hands and there’s nothing they can do. Their technicians only ever tried calling me once mid-July when I was on another call and I couldn’t take his call, I called the call centre and explained the situation and they said that they will escalate again. I've left numerous messages for supervisors and managers at their call centre to get back to me, no one ever does. I need this antenna installed as I cannot do the installation on my own......

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: External LTE Antenna Installation

Hi @Bradleyn, I have been informed that your installation has been sent to the dispatchers and you should hear from them shortly if not already.

Highlighted

A Telkom technician installed the Antenna 2 weeks ago. The guy did a very rushed bad job as I could not be there to supervise him, he did not install the antenna cables neatly, he just ran the cable in the sides of the roof, all this cable has now eventually fallen off and looks very untidy, he could have at least mounted the cable somehow so its secure. However that's not my big problem, my problem is with the speed and signal, after the installation was done, the technician informed me that his job is to get 5 bars on the router and I should contact Telkom regarding the bad speeds. I contacted Telkom 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me. At least once every 2nd day I have to reset the router as the speeds drop below 1mpbs and most of the time there is no network connection. The speeds at off peak and during peak are very unstable, with speed test I get at peak times 1mbps-3mbps and off peak between 3mbps-20mbps. The speeds are very unstable, on some days I'll have good fast internet and the next days will be slow as hell, can’t even stream YouTube properly. I don’t mind the speeds fluctuating a bit(under 5mbps) but when it drops by 15mbps, its unacceptable. I've called Telkom a good few times now and like the last time, they say they will escalate the problem, I guess it’s another 2 months of waiting again to get this problem fixed.

Highlighted

Also waiting for the installation of the antenna.  Picking up 4g signal on the router but speeds are less than 2 mbps.  For the price we are paying for the LTE uncapped deal, this is really not acceptable.

Highlighted

Still waiting for a Telkom technician to get in contact with me. Call centre says there's nothing they can do.. they have to escalate it to the technicians, technicians never call you back and there's no way to get in contact with them. I've had nothing but headaches with this LTE product since signing up in June. At peak times the speed gets so bad that its bassically unusable.... can't stream anything... However can stream from multiple providers during off peak... Have to keep rebooting the router at times due to only recieveing 3G signal, once rebooted I get 4G... Cables for antenna still hanging out of roof.......

Highlighted

Same i have been waiting for almost 2 weeks now 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Shlee1984 An antenna is no longer provided automatically. Should you experience performance issues, please send an email to the following team, who will then arrange a site visit to test your service. From there, a tech will discuss options with you.

Send an email to: hso@telkom.co.za

Include the following details -

• Name & Surname
  • Physical Address
  • Date of Purchase
  • Contact numbers

Highlighted

Hi AW

Thank you for your help !

I have emailed hso@telkom.co.za all my details and patiently waiting for their respons 

Any idea how long is the turn around time is ?

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 Contributors