Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
J4Y

Fail to connect-HUAWEI B535

Hi
I’m in the Paarl area. Got my router about a week ago. It worked fine for a day or two. Then it would connect with a “Fail to dail” on the router app. Went to the Telkom shop on Saturday and they told me a tower was out of action. Sunday everything was fine again until the evening. Since then the router doesn’t want to connect again, but not with the same error as before. Tried another sim and no problem. Is the tower “down” again or am I missing something. In the meantime I’ve to survive on my phone’s data...

Re: Fail to connect-HUAWEI B535

Hello.  I live in the Northern Paarl area.  I signed up for an uncapped LTE Huawei B525 router with Telkom about 14 months ago.  Was working like a dream until last Friday.  Since then I have made 3 visits to Telkom Mobile shop in Paarl Mall, done a sim swop, router was working fine in the shop in the Mall, came home and does not want to work at my house in Northern Paarl.  Does not want to connect to Telkom network.  Took it to a friends house in Wellington yesterday and there it worked fine.

I put my Vodacom pay as you go sim into the router last night and it worked fine.

My conclusion is that my location in Daniel Street, Northern Paarl is the problem.  My Telkom sim does not want to work here.  Why is that?  I have tried resets, different settings, manual network searches, nothing wants to work.  Please help.  

J4Y

Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine. Tried my phone sim, at home, and it works fine. I’m closer to Centre of town and also nada. Saturday when I went to Telkom in the mall the sales person told me a tower was down...
Sunday morning I managed to connect, but it went offline again that evening.

Technically Telkom has towers on places that are actually Urban areas let me say that and you hardly find towers in Rural areas because in Urban areas there are more people who  Telkom and they would get more money.In Rural areas there are less people who use Telkom and less money for Telkom. I also figured that out i technically live in an Urban area and i went to visit in a Rural area there was no signal at all i had to go outside and stand on a mountain made of rock.Then i got signal but still...........

GOODLUCK✔️✔️✔️

HOPE THAT  HELPS✔️✔️

Błüëïvý
J4Y

When I woke up this morning the matter had resolved itself somehow. I assume the problem was signal/provider related. No way to know for sure.
Appreciate the feedback though.
Cheers

Sure👍

No problem always happy to solve problems.

I suggest you just double check again because the problem can start all over again.

GOODLUCK 🤗👍✔️✔️

Błüëïvý

☆Thanks 🤗✔️✔️👍

Błüëïvý

The problem has solved itself and is it ok the problem didn't start  all over again??

Błüëïvý
About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 3 Contributors