Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Given wrong contract, applied for 10GB received 5GB

Good Day.

I am writing on behalf of my father Michael.

He applied online for the April "Deal of the month" on 21 April 2016.

The deal was the 10GB + 5GB night surfer contract which included the Huawei B315 LTE router.

Router and SIM was delivered today and I set it up for him.

The internet works, after numerous calls for over a month to Telkom to try fast track delivery.

The problem is that when I log into his account on the Telkom website, the SIM is question is showing 5GB (SmartBroadband wireless 5GB - Postpaid). Long after the order was placed online, just yesterday before todays delivery, the call centre agent told him it was ordered in May, not April, or something similar to that affect.

This is NOT true.

I had fortunately taken a screenshot of the online order with promotional code 4562. Date showing next to the time is 21 April 2016.

We would like to keep SIM and router, but this is NOT the contract we applied for and comes withy far less data per month.

Please revert us to the contract we applied for, so I can login to his account on the Telkom site and verify this change has been made back to what we a[pplied for initially. We will consider cancelling the contract if this cannot be done very soon!!!

Telkom is engaging is false advertising and it cannot get away with doing this to millions of subscribers.

Telkom is deliverately trying to push this contract into May so they can claim we do not qualify for the April deal of the month that we clearly applied for.

Regards,

Chris.

Highlighted

Re: Given wrong contract, applied for 10GB received 5GB

Hi Chris,

I found a copy of the Ad (April Big Deal of the Month) - see below:

Deal of  the Month (April 2016)Deal of the Month (April 2016)

Also see piece/review on MyBroadband - http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/160348-telkoms-15gb-big-deal.html

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Chris12, We are sorry if there is some confusion. The April deal was for 5Gb data + 5Gb Nighsurfer. For an extra R150 you could add on a Huawei Tablet + extra 5Gb. See a screenshot of the post from April that I have since archived.

april_dealscreenshot.JPG

Highlighted
Established Member

PLEASE STOP REMOVING MY REPLIES!!!

MY REPLY WAS SHOWING ON HERE AFTER I POSTED IT AND SOMEONE DEFINITELY REMOVED IT!!!

As I said your advert above was upgraded to a bigger package later in april for the same price.

Mybroadband.co.za is a reuptable site and would not lie.

See:

The Better Big Deal: 15GB for R199

Telkom has improved its Deal of the Month, upping the usage limit to 10GB of anytime data and 5GB of after-hours data.

By Staff writer - April 13, 2016

Highlighted
Established Member

Why am I still receiving no new reply from Telkom on this?????

I have explained why your response is NOT valid.

Highlighted
Established Member

Why am I still receiving no new reply from Telkom on this?????

I have explained why your response is NOT valid.

I am STILL WAITING for a reply!!!!!

Helooooooooooooo?

Anyoe out there???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

I als applied for the R199 15GB conract. That is the incorrect ad posted the correct one might be the one attached. I still have the ad in my mailbox that indicated this was an upgraded/improved contract from the previous one of only 5GB Anytime data.

The-Big-Deal.jpg

After 2 months of only getting 5GB of anytime/LTE data I reached out to sales who advised me they will log a request with technical Smiley Happy. When logging in on my account to check the usage i saw that the 10GB of Anytime date is actually 5GB of Smart Broadband data and 5GB Telkom Mobile Data. There the 10GB of free WiFi and the 5GB of Nightsurfer as well which I get and understand but I sleep at night. 

i spoke to Pumla at the Telkom Mobile call center and I advised her that I was only getting 5GB and my question was how do I access the remaining 5GB of Telkom data. There is an option to Re-Direct when your Bundle has been depleted so I asked if I select that option will I start using the 5GB Telkom Data. She 1stly said I was getting the full 10GB as per her screens even though I was also looking at my screen Smiley Indifferent I started again, she also advised me if I Re-Direct I would be using from a surplus R500 somehow attached to my account which I would have to pay the following month. This went back and forth for sometime, eventually I gave up. (Sorry Pumla i know your working conditions are tough but you kept refuting everything I was telling you.)

No one has been able to advise me how do I access the remaining 5GB Telkom Data. Which I want to use on my LTE router. I'm starting to think I either have to remove the SIM and use it in another devise Smiley Sad which somehow is not why I took this contract. I understand the free WiFi, but I wanted the 10GB of data on my LTE. Maybe I should just get a portable battery and start Roaming with my LTE router under my arm, no one at Telkom can advise but that is also not what I applied for.

Going into month 3 it will be another 5GB of missing data.

Now I can't find the contract details or small print anywhere.

Highlighted

i have the same problem - i got the 15GB with LTE router but i only get 5GB of data a month.

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors