Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Horrible LTE signal!!!!

Hi there,

For the past 6 months I've had absolutely terrible LTE signal and thought it's just network issues that would past.

It use to be 4 bar signal previously and absolutely loved it then, but now it hardly get's 1 bar.

When I set the LTE modem/router to 3G, it only gets 3 bars and not usable at all.

Pay R699 per month for absolutely horrible LTE speeds and simply unusable.

I see other users talking about an antenna that was installed, I never received an antenna or had one installed?

Please resolve this as soon as possible.

See attached Speedtest.net results on "best server selected based on best ping".

Thank you in advance.

2017-01-05 09_29_13-Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Horrible LTE signal!!!!

Hi @CathyCakes This is not a support channel. For the signal related issue you are experiencing, it would be best to contact Telkom on their support channels:

• Facebook: TelkomZA
    • Twitter:   @HelloTelkom
    • Call the Call Center
      • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
Highlighted

I've had exactly the same issues with my LTE. It used to be great, but suddenly the service has become exceptionally slow, especially in the evenings after 6pm. We hardly use the internet after hours anymore because it's just too frustrating. 

Highlighted

I've had exactly the same issue with my LTE. It was nice and speedy up until about 6 months ago. Now you're wasting your time if you want to look anything up online after 6pm at night. 

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors