Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

How do you escalate a fault with Telkom Mobile?

Can someone please tell me how do you escalate a call with Telkom Mobile.

I logged 18401718 sometime mid March. Since then, 2 techs have been to my house to confirm the signal is poor, and either Telkom need to install a booster, or they need to cancel the service.

Time after time phoning the call center, or talking to this online agent, I get told an e-mail will be send to the relevant team, who them either try to phone the LTE router sim card and leave voice messages on something I cannot access...or just never phone back.

Each and every time I ask for an update, I get told another e-mail will be send to the relevant team, but I'm not allowed to phone them myself, or e-mail them myself, and there is no other escalation option available in the entire width and breadth of Telkom. 

Can someone on this forum please, let us know what is the escalation process, beyond phoning someone who can send e-mails to a magical mystical team who cannot seemingly fix a problem, or cancel a contract when Telkom cannot deliver on a service they said they can.

Frequent Contributor

Re: How do you escalate a fault with Telkom Mobile?

@willem- that is a good question.  I am not sure that the escalation process is clear or transparent.  @AW / @NC - I think this is a really good question and one which I would like to know the answer to as well.  How exactly does the escalation process work?  What do I need to have available?  When is it a good time to escalate?  Who do we escalate to?  How will we know that our issue has been escalated?  What are the acceptable response rates when a fault has been escalated?

I think apart from a working scheduling approach for Telkom technicians this is probably very high up on my list of things that will make Telkom better.  The other thing is a clear process that works with regards to new LTE orders - these seem to take forever and I am not clear whether you can order online, collect in person or whether you are simply left to wait for someone to "contact you"

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Moderator Moderator

Hi @willem- It would be best to contact the Service channels and follow up on your reference number. You may request that they perhaps escalate to a Tier 2.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

Hi @NC,

The problem is there is no one taking ownership of the problem and get back to you. I somehow by some sort of luck managed to get hold of someone through your 'Chat to an Agent' function who promised me on the 15th of June that it will be escalated, and someone will phone me back post haste. I'm still waiting for that call. The same thing happened on the 20th of March, 5th of May, 27th of May, 1st of June, 2nd of June (I was actually promised by the call center Manager Darryl that Rose will phone me back within 2 days once the problem has been resolved), 7th of June, 13th of June. On each of these occasions, you phone or chat to an agent, an apology is issued, and e-mail is send, and that's it. No follow up call, email, confirmation that the problem is being attended to.

There is no escalation contact number, email, or person you can talk to, to escalate a problem if it doesn't get resolved. You cannot even get a concrete answer in the likes of yes, it is a problem, we know what's wrong, we will only be able to fix it in 6 months. Nothing.

Even on your fault tracking web page there are no details around who owns the problem, who is looking at it, is someone activly doing something about the problem. 

I ordered this service in Dec 2015, the kit arrived in Feb 2016, and I was (and still am) being billed from the first day the router synced, even though I can only get downstream bandwidth. It's not that I mind paying for a service, but if only half of it works, and you get zero response from your call center, or the department dealing with the issue, you need to be able to escalate, and sadly your social platforms, nor your call center seem to be able to escalate the problem, or give concrete answers.

regards

Willem

Established Member

So to update; you cannot escalate a call with telkom.

I ended up cancelling the service out of frustration. I wish anyone dealing with telkom mobile all the best in the future.

Same here... logged call on the 2nd of January - ref 20096156. HAd a field engineer out, who would take the case further - and that was it.

Eveytime I contact the call center, no luck - the same answer. It had been escalated.

When I check on the onlike "track your call" - nothing was done. the call is still int he initial step - logged.

Today I was told 3 different answers during 3 different calls. The last was by call centre agent Lusanda, i should email CCompCC@telkom.co.za to escalate to, which did not exist. She then told me (I was still on the line with her when I email it), it was because of a backlog. Really???? Email rejected because of the mailbox was full! This is where we should escalate to.

Who else can I contact?

How do anyone get any progress from Telkom I reported my WI-FI not working since 10th February 2018 up untill today still not working i phone every week twice a week everytime i hear an deferent story or that the Technician is out preparing the fault how long does it take the Technician to prepare an fault can it really take then more than a month and you still have to pay for service that you did not have this is really unexeceptable.  I received two ref no 175CTK110218 and Ref no 1077468.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Still a long overdue issue without an answer. I would really expect a clear approach to be outlined by Telkom @AW @NC
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Established Member

Is the mobile on your phone? Is it a month to month contract?

Did you fill in the paperwork and ask a Telkom shop to mail it for you?You must then keep the ref and escalate it,They supposed to have a 72 hour turn around time.I got phoned today about a logged problem logged february so do not hold your breath.When all else fails and you can cancel 108@Telkom.co.za is the billing department.

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 Contributors