Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

How long does it really take???

I received my LTE router and sim card on Tuesday 24 July. 

Was sold the wonderful "Plug and Play" garbage. It is a week later and I still cannot get the sim card activated.

After numerous calls and holding for over half an hour, I have been told by Friday 03 August it should be activated.

Does it really take that long to activate a sim card?

Any assistance will be appreciated as I am ready to cancel this contract!

Highlighted

Re: How long does it really take???

I have exactly the same problem! Received the router a week ago, numerous calls to 081180 and 10213 and still nothing.
Have also been into the Telkom Mobile shop where they told me they are actually separate from online sales! They also said that if I had signed up for the deal in store rather than online, the sim would have been instantly active! I really wish we had known they before!

Please let me know if your sim eventually becomes active and I'll do the same
Highlighted

This is ridiculous, we have not had telephone service for over 2 months now, two whole months due to cable theft which is not our problem  and finaly they suggested we move to the mobile line,  received it 2 weeks ago, and i'm still unable to use the phone, really how long does it take to register a sim card? i even went into the shop and they can't help, called them numerous time been put on hold several times. this is really not on, i feel defeated

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Shan78 @Kuyasa @Sarahs

We’re customers in the forum,  sorry to see what’s been happening to you -so frustrating getting no feedback .

Wish we could help but only a Telkom support channel can attend service issues , options here :-https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Telkom-Service-Channels-How-to-get-Help/m-p/1768#M13

Even worse that their system was down -  but services now restored  so if you’re still battling try sending a detailed message to a Telkom media support team with cc to  support@telkom.co.za 

- best for decent feedback & results.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps, good luck - please let us know what happens.

Highlighted

Firstly check if the SIM has been activated. I finally went into Telkom Moibile on Sunday and the SIM had eventually been activated.

Try resetting the router as well, that is the only time I could get signal.

The lady said that had it not worked after resetting, they would do a SIM swap.

Hope you come right.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi @Shan78

Thanks for keeping us posted -  good to hear you came right. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hey Do you know any good book in order to learn Levantine Arabic? I cannot find anything, jus modern standard arabic thankss ...

Bluestacks TextNow Photomath

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors