Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Huawei B525 router. Red light with no internet intermittently

Good day. I recently switched to the Telkom Uncapped LTE and have the Huawei B525 router. The problem we are experiencing is that the router internet light goes red with no internet several times in a day. I have to restart the router everytime this happens which resolves the problem until it goes red again which is about an hour later. It is annoying to figure out we have no ineternet and then go to the router in another office to restart it.

The signal strength is full bars and the internet light is cyan before it goes to red. Has anyone else expereinced this and is there a fix for the problem?

Thank you 

Re: Huawei B525 router. Red light with no internet intermittently

Been having the same problem for days... I switched back to my old B315 router yesterday and haven't had a problem since. Could possibly a firmware update that has caused the problem, but cannot confirm. 

Hi

I have been experiencing the same problem about a week now and when I called customer services this week, they said I am not the first customer to call and report the error. Which does not solve my problem, I think they themselves are cluess what is going on. The consultant then logged a call for me and said technicians will have a look on their side, which should take 2 to 3 working days.

I hope they find a solution asap because rebooting the router several times a day is ridiculous.

Established Member

Problem still persists 1 week later.  I have tried all the limited settings on the router with no success. Telkom consultant says reboot the router.

Iv installed the Hi app on my phone and now reboot the router from my phone everytime there is no internet.

The frustrating thing is that when i switched to LTE uncapped at my business i did the same for my home and guess what... the same thing is happening... had to reboot the router at home at least 12 times  while streaming on netflix this weekend! 

Is there a way to setup the router to reboot automatically everytime there is no internet?

[ Edited ]

I had a problem like this before when we had load shedding. What I noticed is that router would default to 3G signal and not update when LTE signal was restored.

When it happens again, log onto the router web interface and check if it has defaulted to 3G signal. Now go to settings, dial up, changed the preffered mode to 4G Only. There should be a few options, 4G, 4G 1800Mhz or 2300Mhz.

Check if this resolves your issue, it has resolved mine.

Established Member

Yesterday i decided to try out different settings and disabled the automatic update option. So far, there have been no issues  in the last 12 hours.

If this solves the problem then will have to do updates manually (I guess this is better than the net going off several times in a day)

Should the red light come on with no internet again then I will try setting to 4g only.

I will update later if this fix is successful. 

Established Member

1 week update:

I have set the network setting on the router to" 4g only" and disabled the "automatic update" option. Its been a week now, and the  Red light with no internet occured only once on the router at home and there was no interuption with the router at my business.

I think that this may be the only solution that works for now. If anyone has other solutions please post. 

Many Thanks

Established Member

This sometimes happens if you have a computer or printer connected to the router through a LAN cable. When the power goes out or you reboot the modem and the computer or printer is off, the modem does not trust the LAN connection and nothing works. Just unplug the LAN cable and the red light will go away and you can plug it back in. You can also switch on the printer or computer to fix this.

Can someone please include some instructions as I've tried to do this and not sure if I did the correct action.  I tried calling the centre but I cant wait 30mins to speak to someone 

hi,

Rajesh i am having the same problem on top of that if one person is connected no one else can be connected.

i was so happy with adsl and they connedd me by saying this is better option to switch to.

and now our throwing me piller to poast and refusing to help me by changfing it back to adsl.

is there any control or ombuds who can help me.

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 7 Contributors