Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Huawei B593 LTE Router ---Capping users.

Good day All

I have the above mentioned LTE Router. is their a way to limit the data uasage of devices connecting to it. My kids are killing me with Data. I do not have the uncapped offering in my area so I am stuck with 50gig a month and they chew through it like it is a pice of Candy. now as the parent I know that I cannot keep them away from Tech but I am desperately looking for a way to restrict the amount of data they can use on their devices when connecting via WIFI through this router.

is their anyway of doing this through this router or via a firmware upgrade etc Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

Re: Huawei B593 LTE Router ---Capping users.

@King_Gizmo Not sure if the LTE router is the same, but on some ADSL routers like the Netgear you can limit a certain IP address to certains times of the day only. You can also block certain websites based on a schedule and only allow certain IP addresses to access them during certail hours that your specify. But a difficult one to control from a home router

Established Member

@LordLethal Again  Tks I spke to a few guys on a huawei foroum and they claim to able to help will give it a shot and give feedback to all if it proves to actually work.

Good day to all

Im glad that I have finally joined the telkom community.I have received nothing from telkom but a headache. Ever since the installation of the landline and the server for Huawei, I could only receive emails and NEVER BEEN ABLE TO SEND EMAILS.

I have been sent from one department after the other. Is there anyone out there who have experienced the same problem of receiving emails but not been able to send them out? I have even used the do messaging as well as microsoft but no one is receiving any emails from me.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP. IM THINKING OF CANCELLING THE CONTRACT BECAUSE IM PAYING FOR NON SERVICES.

Regular Contributor

@putukalaw are you using ADSL or LTE/3G? To send, usually use smtp on Port 25 with no authentication. For the outgoing server you can use smtp.saix.net

What have you done to troubleshoot? Can you send form devices? Is it gmail?

Hello, did you have any luck?  Please help me I would like to do the same thing to staff at work Smiley Happy

@King_Gizmo wrote:

@LordLethal Again  Tks I spke to a few guys on a huawei foroum and they claim to able to help will give it a shot and give feedback to all if it proves to actually work.

Re: Huawei B315 LTE Router ---Capping users.

@King_Gizmo wrote:

Good day All

I have the above mentioned LTE Router. is their a way to limit the data uasage of devices connecting to it. My kids are killing me with Data. I do not have the uncapped offering in my area so I am stuck with 50gig a month and they chew through it like it is a pice of Candy. now as the parent I know that I cannot keep them away from Tech but I am desperately looking for a way to restrict the amount of data they can use on their devices when connecting via WIFI through this router.

is their anyway of doing this through this router or via a firmware upgrade etc Smiley Frustrated

hi Y'all

Please assist, i have a difficulty to cap a ruthless user on my LTE wifi router B315 at home. i've logged in on the router via LAn port with laptop, access the settings. opened statistics tab, view all connected devices IP addresses, but the only option i have is to BLOCK. 

How do cap data usage per device for either a day or week or hourly?????  please assist.

Where can i download the Huawei B593 LTE Router latest firmware?

Hey, I know this is an old thread and you may have changed your device or internet type completely, but the best bet is to buy something like a Ubiquiti Edge router the ER-X non sfp is fine and cost around R900. With it you can setup DHCP reservations and then a basic QOS that gives certain devices (your choice) on your network internet speed limitations. 

We have a client (LTE 100GB cap, their copper gets stolen alot) and some of their staff love to sit on youtube all day just to listen to music and leave their browser open on facebook (which chows data as well), after showing them other radio streaming services and ask them to close the facebook tab they still refuse to comply. Oh and others that torrent non stop. They don't have the budget for something like Sophos USG, which is fantastic also and has a home version that is free if you have your own hardware to run it on. I let the director know, and suggested the ER-X and they jumped at it. 

So now P2P is blocked completely and the staff that chug youtube and facebook get limmited to 128Kbps (16KBps) for a week everytime they "misbehave". Their cap now easily lasts them a month.

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 Contributors