Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I feel cheated by the LTE deal - Sorted, my bad

[ Edited ]

Hi all.

Its been a real struggle getting my LTE router delivered and activated, but after much begging, threatening, crying and centuries passing, I was connected and I've been enjoying very fast, problem free internet ever since.

My eye was caught by the very competitive price (R599 pm for uncaped LTE!). I applied online and still have the "congratulation" email from Telkom stating that the price will be R599 pm as I was one of the first cutomers in my area to join.

However, this morning Telkom had a debit order drawn from my bank account for R988. Apart from dreading having to get someone at the customer care to help me, I feel cheated that they could just change the price?

Does anyone know why the price is higher than my agreed price and who I should take this up with?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Re: I feel cheated by the LTE deal - Sorted

Update:

I was wrong. Telkom bills at the start of each month.

The amount charged was for the full July, plus a pro-rata amount for the time it was active during June.

My bad.

Highlighted

Re: I feel cheated by the LTE deal - Sorted, my bad

i feel just as cheated and no one will talk to me, all togeather the experiance with getting a peron to talk to at TELKOM is just desepointing, i sisgned a contract for 3 (three) years with Telkom LTE service and i get 15 g day and 15g night for R700 while others get today uncaped deals for R599 and less when they have a special, i asked again and again for some comunications or upgrade or just fair deal but it is like taking to a WALL!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@yuriadir, its the price we pay for being an early adopter. Unfortunately you need to see it out, as you signed a contract.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

That is not good enough, I a first world telecommunication world as Telkom
pretend to be, they should upgrade my package just as par for the course
when data become cheaper, they have me for the full 3 years dreaming me
staying with them in the future...

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors