Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Is it possible to change DSN/WAN IP on router?

I am no computer boffin, so I was wondering if someone can help me with this.

I have been experiencing son speed problems on my router lately, and this might be very stupid, but I thought maybe it had something to do with my DSN? (after some amateur googling of course)

This brought me to changing the DSN on my laptop to another one where I know I had better speed, but I have identified that when I connect to the internet, the DSN/WAN IP on my router is used, and not the default I have created for my computer.

So my question is the following: Does this DSN/WAN IP have anything to do with my speed, and if so, how do I change it on my router? I have been into the settings, and I can see what it is, but I cannot change it...

I have a Huawei B315s-936

Any help would be appreciated

Established Member

Re: Is it possible to change DSN/WAN IP on router?

If anyone else is having WIFI LTE speed problems, this is what I did:

Emailed Telkom and asked them to look at my account and make sure they did not give me the wrong speed

Put 2 posts on the community about the problems with the speed

Reported them on Hello Peter

Turned my router of and on (which by the way changed the DNS/WAN IP the router was running on)

Not sure if any of these actually worked, or if it was just luck, but this morning my speed is back to the 35mbps I am used to. I will keep monitoring it throughout the day and the week.

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 Contributor