Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LIT product

Will the new LIT product be available to Smart Broadband clients?? Or are we just treated like old crocs in the Telkom system??
Highlighted

Re: LIT product

They do state that it will be available on smartbroadband wireless packages from 50gb and higher, but how does one confirm it is active or have to be activated by dialing *180#, that's my question.

@brinkruaan wrote:

They do state that it will be available on smartbroadband wireless packages from 50gb and higher, but how does one confirm it is active or have to be activated by dialing *180#, that's my question.

Well, I actually spent 30min on the line with them and they confirmed that if you are on a Smartbroadband wireless 50gb or higer you do qualify for the service, BUT only the LIT_TV and the only way to use this service is to visit a Telkom store AND buying the Mediabox at R49/month or R1099 once-off. so unfortunately only this Mediabox will have zero-data when streaming and comes installed with software that is allowed for LIT_TV.

I will visit store over the weekend and try and confirm...

Here is a quote from the product launch:

"

• LIT TV: LIT TV allows for the streaming of your favourite shows, movies and music at home, without depleting your data. Customers will receive a free Telkom LIT TVC 100 media box when they sign up for Telkom’s Unlimited Home 8/10MBps ADSL and Fibre offerings. Customers signing up for our SmartBroadband Wireless 50GB and 100 GB packages on promotion while stocks last. The offer is also available to existing customers upgrading to our Unlimited Home 8/10MBps ADSL and Fibre offerings. Also, customers you wish to purchase the Telkom LIT TVC 100 media box can do so for R1099 or they may add it to their existing contracts from R49.99 per month over 24 months."
Regular Contributor

@Wesley81, I am also waiting excitedly for this product. From my research I have picked up that there are 3 variations.

1. LIT Music
  2. LIT Video
  3. LIT TV

LIT Video & Music is offered to their mobile FREEME offerings (from 2Gb up on Music and from 5Gb up on Video). LIT Video will give you 50GB of streaming video at 360p resolution (suited for viewing on your phone). Should you want to watch on your TV on the same data connection, you would need to disable it (log in to MyTelkom)

LIT TV (an the one I think you are referring to) is for home connections like ADSL/Fibre and LTE 50 & 100Gb. This has not been launched yet and will come later in September when Telkom usually does their Summer promotions. If you take an upgrade to Uncapped ADSL/Fibre you can get a FREE ANdroid Media Player, and streaming video is unlimitted (probably has an FUP).

It looks like it is ALSO available to LTE 50 & 100GB packages. Streaming data wont be unlimitted, so perhaps on 50Gb you will get 50GB extra for streaming. You DO NOT need to have their Android TV Box to make use of this. They will simply zero rate the data used by these streaming providers like Netflix.

hope that answers your question

Openserve just finished installing fibre in my street, so I am hoping to upgrade to the 10Mbps UnlimitedHome Fibre for R799 and get the free ANdroid player. From what I see it is pretty decent.

I signed up for the 50gb smartbroad band wireless and received the lit android box, i dont think its zero rated, as my data was still being depleted while i was streaming, also i read that dstv would also be available on the LIT box, which is not the case
Established Member

I have the same package and no one can explain why my data is being used up. When the book clearly states LiT Home. I am angry with these people who dont understand their own products that they sell

Your comment **bleep**ing nailed it . . Dont understand their own work
Established Member

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with you, they don't even understand how their products and services work.

https://tweakbox.mobi/ https://getappvalley.com/ https://tutuappx.com/

New Contributor

LIT

I always thought LIT was supposed to make our lives easier,

I guess fluctuating data prices just make things so complicated.

Thanks

Goodwish Matyila

Best solutions for Business.

Orenlabs Custom Software

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 Contributors