Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

LTE-A Speed

I signed up yesterday for the LTE-A 200GB Deal R799, connection keeps dropping and not the speed i was expecting.

Download - 8mbps - 10mbps

Upload - 0.55 mbps - 1mbps

I was told by the agent that speeds should be from 30mbps up with LTE-A??

I would have went for a cellphone contract with MTN or Vodacom if i knew the speed was going to be this slow.

Johannesburg, Lenasia

Established Member

Re: LTE-A Speed

[ Edited ]

Hi @Desh & welcome to the Telkom Community forum :-) .

Let's see if we as a community can make your week start off on a fast note ;-) .

Can you provide the following info:

1) What device was supplied? Was it the Huawei b618-65d [long cube looking router/modem] ?

2) What color do you see under the signal status? cyan indicates LTE/LTE-A

3) Have you tried moving the device around as this can make a difference :-) .

I have checked the coverage map, there is spots of LTE/LTE-A coverage so upto 30Mbps may not be far off the mark but let's see if you can get better :-).

Regards,

Hit that Thumbs Up/Kudos button if I or another member in the community has helped you. It can only inspire us to do better in helping everyone like yourself. Thank You! ❤

Hello,

Yip its the long cube looking router.
The color is green...its the same color as the Power, Wifi, Lan etc status.
I have tried moving it around the house, I also took the router outside but the speed is still the same.

Thanks
Established Member

Hi,

Thanks for getting back so quick.

Green is definitely 3G.  You are not picking up LTE/LTE-A it seems.

I'll pm you for some additonal info shortly. Will update this topic later...

Regards,

Hit that Thumbs Up/Kudos button if I or another member in the community has helped you. It can only inspire us to do better in helping everyone like yourself. Thank You! ❤
Established Member

Hi Cyph3r

can you plz assist me, i have exactly the same issue and might have a solution for me too. Your assistance would greatly be appreciated.

@Jaques3121wrote:
Hi Cyph3r

can you plz assist me, i have exactly the same issue and might have a solution for me too. Your assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Hi Jaques, I'm having similar problems but with an E5573. Did you eventually get someone to help you? I did'nt see any reply to that effect.

Skill is a trade
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors