Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LTE IP Address constantly changes

Hello,

Telkom LTE IP Address constantly changes while connected. The connection doesn't cut, the IP Address just changes magically every 2 or 3 minutes.

This causes major issues with my login sessions on certain websites. I'm actually getting banned from using certain websites because of this.

How do I solve this issue?

I called Telkom, and tried to order a Static IP. I had to speak to about 7 different consultants, each one insisting I'm at the wrong department. Eventually after being on the line for a half hour I got fed up and asked the consultant to log a fault and get someone from the Technical Dept to call me. I expect I'll get a call probably next month some time. And if I miss the call they'll just close the fault as is the norm with Telkom.

Anyone else got any ideas here? Telkom is really getting on my nerves with their constant issues. I think I'll just cancel once my contract is up and move over to fibre. This is unbearable.

Re: LTE IP Address constantly changes

I'm having the same issue. Would love to know how this can be solved Smiley Sad

Solved it like this:

in your router settings, under internet, change your APN.

Most standard APNs are "internet".

Change it to "unrestricted". You can create a new one, and activate it in the settings, or you can edit the current one. Best to make a new one. What router do you have I'll guide you.

If you're familiar and don't need my help - after you've managed to change your APN to "unrestricted" - go to google and search MY IP.

If you see your IP beginning with 102, you did something wrong. If you see it beginning with 41 - you're good to go and you did it properly.

Hi there. I've tried the above mentioned method but the problem still continues. Any advice?

Hi Mateenah,

try changing your netowk to 4G (2300mhz)

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 Contributors