Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

LTE Latency extremely high and slow speed at night.

[ Edited ]

I'm experiencing 1000+ms at night after 7pm. Probably during peak hours. My speed also drops to below 1mb down.

I live in the Port Elizabeth Area. Other times its "acceptable" at between 80-150ms. Even That is high but I can live with that for online gaming.

Please can I get a ticket logged for this or some advice\assistance how to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Re: LTE Latency extremely high and slow speed at night.

So glad you posted this Solomon, I have been experiencing the same frustrations, and despite being "in and out" of the call centre still no one has come forward with an explanation or assistance. Please let me know if your issue gets resolved.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Solomon, the Community is not a Service channel, but rather a peer 2 peer support channel. To report service, rather make use of these channels - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
output_Svao80.gif

Hi Solomon, I'm also in the PE area experiencing exactly the same problem as you. Gaming on a 200+ ping is a nightmare, and as you say, tis is only a problem during peak evening hours. Has this issue managed to be resolved for you and if so, how?

I also live in PE and have the exact same problem. Gaming with 200+ ping is a nigtmare. But as you say, this is only a problem during peak evening hours. Has the issue been sorted on your end and if so, how did you manage to do that?

Established Member

Those channels are useless!  I've been trying to get this exact problem resolved for coming up to 2 years now and guess what? NADA, Nothing. EVERY single evening the speed get throttled to the point where HTML page would actually time out. I even invested 2K in an antenna. You are oversubscribing towers and steal money from people for a service you cannot provide.

@billionaire. I agree with you totally. I got my uncapped LTE R599 deal in October 2015. Worked fine until December 2016. Logged a complain but nothing was done. Over the last 3 months I have continually been logging calls. I was lucky enough to get 2 technicians out to my house & both were shocked. I am getting at 8am in the morning latency pings of between 200Ms to 2000Ms. My speeds used to be average of 25Mbps. Now I get between 0,25Mbps to 4Mbps. I can't stream anymore. Luckily my contract has just expired & my complex has fibre. Going to dump Telkom even though I have 3 contracts & 5 prepaid lines with them. They are useless. They have oversold their network. Too many users on the network & speeds are too slow. They call it Mobile Broadband but it's worst than the old dial up modems we used to have
About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 Contributors