Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: LTE Night Surfer Data

Thanks for info NC
Highlighted

Hi

I just had the same issue, I set my iphone to update its IOS after 12 but the data went off the daytime usage, when I called Telkom they said its correct because I was still connected to my router at that time - I have to physically turn off and turn on my router  to break the connection for night owl to kick in.. a load of rubbish if you ask me! 

Highlighted

Hi,

Today, on 08 Feb 2018, this is still not true : To quote :
"All data used between those times of 00:00 - 07:00 automatically get calculated as Night Surfer data and does not cost you."

I have tested this this morning (late last night). Not LTE, but normal prepaid data. Same story.

At 23h50, I did a balance check and had 5120MB of Night Surfer Data available, of which 4096 expires on 1/03/2018, as well as at least 520MB of daytime data bundle.

At 00:05 i started my weekly updates (apps and Google Offline Maps). It immediately started eating into my daytime bundle, ignoring the night surfer data. I did a balance check again...it was running out at steady rate.

I switched off the data connection, and on again. Restart the updates....same story.
I switched to airplane mode....and back again....no change. Daytime data still being eaten anyway.
I restarted the phone....same story.

This manner of inaccurate billing is the cause of my regular contract lines (2x voice, 1x data) now being suspended.

I have been billed in Oct, for +/-R 2600, and Nov for almost R 3900. Mainly due to voice and data bundles being used and decucted inaccurately.

Try calling to speak to a human.....many calls....longer than 9mins...and no human voice yet.
My wife has noted that after I depart in the mornings, about 05:20am, she does her updates, and daytime data is being taken.
I think this supposed "dynamic" hand-over between day and night data, is either a spoof, or extremely haphazard.
I have noticed same about my voice bundles used or bought....then I get a bill for a call at which time I had bought a voice bundle up to an hour before I made the call.

Not happy about this, the service (and a bunch of inept staff I had the misfortune to deal with over the 5 years I have been a customer - the good ones, I complimented on the spot, or on survey) and especially the billing.

I will be doing my best to change my preferred network and service provider.

Highlighted

Read my recent test (and reply on this thread) below.

Highlighted

I am furious.

The same thing is happening to us, night time data not being used, this has been a know issue for months, obviously they are not doing aything to resolver this?......... and if they are trying....PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT WORKING.

We should be reimbursed for the data we have been robbed of, and their handling of the normal vs night surfer data needs to be resolved ASAP. 

Telkom, you are stealing from us.....you realize this right?

Highlighted
Established Member

Stolen Data : LTE Night Surfer Data

Good Day Everyone, Please let me know if anyone has any Data Contracts with Telkom which include Promotional Data as Telkom is no longer using the Promotional Data and taking Data from the New Month. I am checking if anyone else is also experiencing the same issue with Telkom.

Thanks & Best Regards

Laurent M Naidoo

INTERNATIONAL TRADE MANAGEMENT (PTY) LTD
The Cheapest Customs Clearing Agents
285/3 West Road, Pomona,
Kempton Park, Gauteng, 1619

Cell : 084-504 5686
Tel : 011-845 7043
Fax : 011-845 7045
Email : ops@itmza.com
Email : Laurentmnaidoo@gmail.com
Web : www.itmza.com
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Stolen Data : LTE Night Surfer Data

Same here similar situation with rubbish excuses.

Highlighted

Hi. 

Is the previous answer still valid. As my network connection was just stopped, yet I have >10GB of night surfer data????

Really disappointing when you need to push a deadline and this happens Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hi

Is this answer still valid. Its quite disappointing knowing that I need to push a deadline and I know I have >10GB and still my connection is paused at 3:00am!

Very disappointed!

Highlighted

About This Post
  • 19 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 15 Contributors