Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LTE Price Change?

On 20 April 2016 I succesfully applied for Uncapped Wireless Broadband at R599p/m. I recieved an email stating that I would be contacted within 48 hours by a Telkom employee to "dot all the I's & cross all the T's" along with a ticket number: # 200416-105400. 

After recieving no contanct for 2 weeks I decided to take matters into my own hands and contact Telkom. I was informed that they were currently awaiting more stock of Wireless routers and thereafter they would come and do the installation. I thought that this is acceptable and therefore I would wait until they received stock.

Another 2 weeks passed with no contact from Telkom. Again I contacted them myself and was told that the price had now been increased to R799p/m. So due to Telkom's failure to contact me or procure stock I must now pay an extra R200p/m? I don't find this acceptable.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I am wondering if the shortage of routers is just a delay tactic so that I end up paying more. If so then it is seriously false advertising.

Does anyone know what the point of giving you a ticket number is if you are asked to take out a brand new application everytime you contact an employee?

About This Post
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 Contributor