Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

LTE Uncapped - Internet light is red on router

I have not had any internet for a week now. I have a case number and they have called to verify my contact detail and adress so that a tecnician can contact me but no one has. My router (b315) has a red light. It has been reset a couple of times, It goes blue for about 39seconds then turns red again.Could the router be faulty? Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Worked fine for about 2 months. I live in the Southern suburbs of JHB.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: LTE Uncapped - Internet light is red on router

@steynhh Does it connect in another location? What is the signal strength?

Highlighted
Established Member

signal strengh 4 bars it has an external poyinting antenna

Highlighted

Before the light goes red is it blue or cyan? I can't remember the exact colour codes, but I think blue means 3G and Cyan means LTE.

Highlighted
Established Member

The light is Cyan LTE.  A technician came to my house took out the sim and rubbed it against his leg and voila - problem solved. This took almost 2 months.

Last night my router turned red again. I tried rebooting, powering off and the sim rubbing trick but no luck.

I have been having intermittent problems in that my internet connection randomly dissapears and the router has to be rebooted to get it to work again, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. I reported this to Telkom and was given a case no. and have recieved a couple of SMS's to say that they are still working on the problem and will contact me in 7 days. About 14 days later I get the same SMS.

Last night I called and the was told that my query was with the "network dept". I explained that I now have no Internet but was told I have to wait for them to contact me. I am experiensing exactly the same problem as before - I reboot or restart the router and the light turns Cyan for a couple of seconds then turns red.

Can anybody help?

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors