Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

LTE Uncapped Wireless broadband limited offer

On 19 December I applied for the LTE Uncapped Wireless broadband promotion. I was one of the first 50 to apply and I even received a conformation email stating that my application was succesful. The email stated that "You qualify for the offer at the super-low price of R 599 pm x 24". I also received a ticket number. The email said that one on the telkom agents will contact me during work hours. Tommorrow it will be a month later with no contact from Telkom. I have sent various emails to Telkom with no reply. I'm starting to thing this was just a publicity stunt. Has anyone been contacted that was in time to form part of this promotion?

Super Admin
Super Admin

Re: LTE Uncapped Wireless broadband limited offer

Try contacting our Service channels - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Telkom contacted me directly after I posted here. Thank you for the quick response . The issue is resolved.

December I also applied for the LTE Uncapped Wireless broadband promotion. I was one of the first 50 to apply and I even received a conformation email stating that my application was succesful. The email stated that "You qualify for the offer at the super-low price of R 599 pm x 24". I also received a ticket number (#021215-105121). I was contacted by a telkom agent who told me i was pre-approved and must make sure i have funds in my account which to this day sits waiting for telkom.  I called them and they said i would get my order in the next few days ,Tommorrow it will be a over month  with no contact from Telkom. I have sent various emails to Telkom and there stores, and spent countless hours trying to get through to the correct department 26 hours of holding and no luck as yet . I think this was for the select few and i am very dissapointed in Telkom , you have failed me, Please can someone from telkom help.

[ Edited ]

I thought i would show my progress:

Good Dennis,
Thank you for the email.
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Kindly contact our online sales department directly on 10213 where you will receive assistance from them.

Regards
Mighty Mabogoane
Representative - Customer Service
E-mail: 180@telkom.co.za

Sent: 17 January 2016 08:06:00 AM (GMT+2)
To: 180@telkom.co.za
Subject: RE: [0][59348713]Complaints
Attachments: <Tekom Tcket Conf.jpg>
Good Morning,
Thank you for your quick response, I have attached a print screen of date of application 02-12-5015, I applied online.
I was contacted by a consultant who took all my details , I waited the 24hour period and was sent a sms on 23-12-2015 stating
The following:

“ Dear customer, please note that your online application for a Telkom mobile service was pre-approved.
An initial amount of R599.00 will be debited from your account within the next 3 working days, please ensure there
Is sufficient funds in your relevant bank account.”

I called Telkom and was told it would be delivered and setup in the following week.
I have not received or heard nothing , I would really like to resolve this soon.

Personal Details:

##################
ID : ###############

Sent: 16 January 2016 12:16 PM
Subject: [0][59348713]Complaints

Good day Dennis.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Please advise as to how and when you applied for the contract?

Kind Regards

Chanell Delo
Telkom Mobile Customer Service

Sent: 16 January 2016 10:13:00 AM (GMT+2)
To: 180@telkom.co.za
Cc: ##################
Subject: Complaints

Good day,
The following question was asked:
# 021###-###121 this is my ticket no for a order i placed last year and have stll not recieved my order ,what reason is there for me not getting my order?
Contact details:
• Name: Dennis
• Number: ###########
• email: d############
Regards,
Telkom Website

I have the same problem......04 January 2016, I applied for Uncapped Wireless and was accepted ticket number 040116-104328 and had no response. I have tried phoning 10213 and held on for over half an hour a time with no response. I would really like to purchase this option, but I cant find anyone at Telkom to sell it to me. Gordon Shaw  

Hi All,

I also applied on 2 December 2015 and still have not have any communication. 

I have spoken to many people when phoning 10213 and on Online chat. They all promise I will be contacted but still nothing.

I have a ticket number and there should be no reason for it to take this long. I am an existing Telkom client as well so they have all my details.

Could anyone from telkom please assist and escalate this? I'll provide my ticket number when needed.

Thanks Danie

Got the confirmation email on 2 December that I qualify. Between then and 6 January I had to go to a Telkom branch twice to go beg for my modem because no one bothers to reply to an email and no one ever answers a phone at telkom. Live chat to an agent is completely useless because they just tell you to call the help line which rings for at least 30 minutes at which point I hang up since I have better ways to waste my life than on the phone. Finally I received my modem last tuesday, then I had to go to Telkom again to fight to get my SIM activated. Again no one would reply to my emails or answer their phones. Finally on Thursday my SIM was activated but now I am still fighting to get someone to come install my external antenna! Telkom service is non existent. Clearly they have no interest in their customers. I will wait two more days and if no one contacts me I will just return the modem to Telkom since I'm still within the 10 day cooling off period and Telkom has not delivered what they promised

I have also applied for this limited offer and has since had a conversation with the call centre.  I recieved the confirmation email that my application was successful with a ticket number.  Unfortunately I could not complete the telephonic application as I had to go into a meeting.  The consultant never returned my call and I therefore do not know where in the system my application is.  I have since then tried numerous times to get in touch with the correct person to complete my application, but was sent from one call centre to another and then was left on hold for more than 30 minutes.  I am really keen on this offer, but the service I am getting from Telkom thus far make me think twice as to whether I would want to deal with them for a long period.

Established Member

My expeirence has been similar. My application on 3rd December 2015 has been completely bungled - I am still waiting more than 6 weeks later. My theory is that Telkom used this advert to lure customers, then refer them to their Telkom shop for a more expensive product. Every complaint case is the same, in that Telkom failed to provide the service irrespective of the consumer contacting Telkom dozens of times. Of course a handful of people nationwide have succeeded in getting the service in order to make the advertisement appear ethical. In actual fact, this discussion proves that the offer was made in order to 1) Falsely lure customers 2) Refer them to a Telkom shop 3) Upsell them a more expensive product. I have lodged a complaint with the Adverising Standards Authority of SA.

About This Post