Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LTE at 383Kb/s?

HI all 

Please I need some advice or help as I am frustrated with the LTE, paying a puck load of money every month for LTE-A but cant even reach 1mb download speed! is this a problem on my end or Telkom? I did a internet speed test and my results.....520kb/s!!!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!! paying R899 for that speed?

Please I need help.

Thanks in advance.

Re: LTE at 383Kb/s?

Good day where are you best? The best advice i can give you is to get a High Gain Antenna, i can assist you in sourcing it out and also installing it let me know if you interested.

Thanks for the reply bonwell, i have been looking around for antennas but i have no idea as to wich one i should get,the area that i am in is mindalore krugersdorp, please can you advise me as to where i could find an antenna and what the costs would be and will it actually be worth it?

I am currently downloading for steam and my speed peaked at 465KB/s wich is unbelievably louzy! and seeing its 21GB that needs to be downloaded its gonna take days and i honestly dont have the patience,but even in my area i should get at least 2mb/s stable if ot better.

its really frustrating! i have the new Huawei B525 router wich is capable of 5G.

Please help!

You're not the only one, I don't live in your area and yet I am experiencing the exact issue and so much more. Trying to find a resolution and maybe the antenna will work for us.

@Piedu2 wrote:

HI all 

Please I need some advice or help as I am frustrated with the LTE, paying a puck load of money every month for LTE-A but cant even reach 1mb download speed! is this a problem on my end or Telkom? I did a internet speed test and my results.....520kb/s!!!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!! paying R899 for that speed?

Please I need help.

Thanks in advance.

HI @Piedu2  and @canny 

We only found this forum now - so apologies for the late reply, hopefully, we can still help. You can get an external antenna from Poynting. We have offices in Samrand and Cape Town or you can buy from Takealot. Call us at 012 657 0050 or info@poynting.co.za. The antenna that was designed for Telkom is the XPOL-6 (https://poynting.tech/product/xpol-6-10m/). It is two antennas within one enclosure and works on the Telkom frequencies. It comes with 10m cable on each antenna so that you can mount it outside or on the roof.

Remember to check what connectors are on the back of your router. Different routers have different connectors and you might need an adapter cable between the 10m cable and the router. If you take the router with the guys at Poynting will be able to help. 

Tx

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors