Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

LTE device - terrible internet speed. Case number : 19865493

Good day

Case number 19865493

I have got an LTE device about a month ago and the internet speed is extremely slow. I have lodged a case with 081180 at which point the said a technician would come out after ten days to test the internet.

It has been 20 days now AND STILL NOBODY HAS COME OUT.I have repeatedly spoken to the 081180 call centre and numerously escalated the matter and still nobody has got back to me.

I spoke to a supervisor named Sibongile who had promised she would get back to me within the day and still have not heard back from her after numerous attempts.

I have NEVER received such terrible service in my life and have spent countless hours of my time to sort put this matter. I am extremely frustrated and want to cancel the internet contract and NEVER USE TELKOM AGAIN.

Haroon Kharva

ID number: 860426 5074089

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: LTE device - terrible internet speed. Case number : 19865493

Hi @haroonkharva I've directed your query to the mobile support team. Please note, this is not a support channel. We, as a community, will do our best to assist as possible but, it would be best to contact Telkom on the following channels:

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
Highlighted
Established Member

@TWL The fact that  @haroonkharva already has a case number and, like all of hellkom user, has to wait for weeks to get a response makes your contribution superfluous don't you think? Where do you think he might have gotten the case number from? Last time I used the extensive list of 'support' option I waited 2 months at which point a totally cluelless individual pitched up to contribute, yes, NOTHING.

Highlighted
Established Member

HAHAHA sorry but I have to share this - Due to my 1.8Mbps speed @ R1000 I again contacted 'support'. I was told that their turn around time on calls is 72 hours. I prompty responded by giving the agent the address of a local comedy club and told her to go to open mic night, the people will just love her humor.

Highlighted

Hi HellkomUser,

You think you have a problem !   My complaint similar to yours (Case number 18816882)  was opened on the 4th of April and I am still waiting for someone to phone and make an appointment to fix the problem.

I have made at least 20 phone calls and sent many emails but still nobody contacts me and the "Service Centre" wont give me the technicians email or phone number.   Maybe the technical service department is a myth - Does it actual exist ?

Can somebody at telkom please respond !

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 Contributors