Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LTE extremely slow after 1 week!

Good morning. I recently (three weeks back) took out an lte contract and for the first week is was the best thing since sliced bread. However after the first week my speeds have dropped from approximately 18Mbps to 2Mbps. Currently my upload speed is 3x the download speed which is a bit unusual.

I live in the glenvista area and would like to know if others are experiencing this problem as well and whether this is a problem with the tower or a reception area where I am.

Thank you.

Re: LTE extremely slow after 1 week!

I have had Telkom LTE from much loger than you but I have noticed the throttling also recently in Pierre van Reyneveld.

To give you background I have tried every wireless network for internet provision under the sun (i live in an estate with fibre which telkom refuses to connect to the backbone) so I resort to Wireless. Every other network were great untill they get too much clients who depend on a certain tower. The the only way the service provider can survive is by reducing the footprints of the various bands starting with LTE, then 3G down to GSM. Hopefully we wont get there. This is nonsence because if your neighbors closer to a tower also start using Telkoms wireless services you will be disadvantaged. Now I fuaght with Vodacom and MTN before on this matter and I feel that the service provider should try and uphold their level of service by upgrading their infrastrukture should the demand increase, but not MTN or Vodacom did that they said plainly our contract states "up to 50mbps" sp 2 mbps is fine? Best Vodacom could do is offer me a Pointing antenna. I have not formally logged my concern I first wanted to see who else is experiencing this.

Two years back when the service providers faught back and forth over inter network charges the regulator should have stepped in and said the 10cents per minute you are fighting about will now go for mending your contracts to guarantee a Level of service to your clients. 

I am afraid Telkom is also going the same route as the others. So I wont be renewing my contract.

Regards.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: LTE extremely slow after 1 week!

@maganvr, to get to the bottom of this, please report it to our Service Channels to investigate further - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)

output_Svao80.gif
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors