Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

LTE - full signal - but getting slower all the time

I was getting between 20mbps and 30mbps up until about a month or two ago. I had moved the router up above the roof of my house and the signal was great! Now, my router (Huawei B315s) says that the 4G signal is at full (all bars filled) but speed tests done at various times of the day range from 5mbps to 10mbps. I am no longer hitting up to 30mbps as I was on a regular basis. I know that at certain times of the day it varies. BUT there has been a gradual and consistent decrease in speed over the last month or so. Even though the signal is at full?

I have no idea who to contact at Telkom regarding this. Thank you in advance.

Moderator Moderator

Re: LTE - full signal - but getting slower all the time

Hi @mihza You can contact Telkom Mobile on 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone), or you can contact the support team on Twitter: @HelloTelkom and Facebook/TelkomZA

output_Svao80.gif

Does anyone have a problem in the Kempton Park area - is the speed and data charges the same during the day and night time?

Hi  

I did contact 081180 and still no help.

i have a lte wireless router 30gig package

every day after 6pm my speed droppes to less than 1mbps, i can evens open google or facebook 

also have a cellphone contract and no signal in equestria pta east, so i bought the 30 gig package and still no signal.

please assist

Established Member

I stay in Murrayfield area and when LTE was first launched I got 60-70Mbps constantly. Now during work hours I get 20Mbps+ and then from 17:00 or weekends I am lucky if I get 3Mbps.
Logged numerous cases but always get told to move router, or reset router, or install external antenna (even though have 4-5 bar signal).
What I want to know is at what stage will Telkom admit that the tower is over subscribed for the area and either put up a new tower or add additional capacity?
The solution was great but now becoming a nightmare.
(And no I don't do torrents and max 200GB per month)
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to LTE congestion. Overselling the backhaul which Telkom doesn't have

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 Contributors