Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

LTE no internet but have blue light

SO my new LTE router was finally working today at my office. Very Nice.

I now have it at home with a blue light but no internet access! Done the whole factory reset thing on advice from support.

Still no intenet - now Ihave been told to take it to a store! Are you serious!!

Contributor

Re: LTE no internet but have blue light

@Michael1, you say it worked at the office but not at home. Do you have LTE coverage at home? check the coverage map...

Established Member

We do have coverage according to the map, infact there is supposed to be a poll quite close to us. We moved the router to another room and it now gives us a connection but only at about 15mb/s download and under 1mb/s upload.

Apparently we are supposed to get an antena fitted as part of the package which should help, still waiting for this.

Contributor

@Michael1, you should get an antenna with LTE Uncapped. Have you received the antenna yet?

Established Member

No we have not, we were told that it would happen in 3 days, that was begginging of last week.

Contributor

@Michael1 connect ur cell to the lte wifi and see if u can browse. Most times ur proxy server on ur pc is blocking the connection. 

Established Member

Thank you for the suggestion, we have it working at a slow speed on the laptop. The issue is now that we do not have an antena fitted to improve the signal we are getting. The problem is that apparently we were supposed to get the antena with our router which we did not so the fitters cannot come install it becuase we do not have one.

I have to admit I am becoming quite dispondant with the entire process. Smiley Sad

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Michael1, please update your profile with contact numbers, and I will get Online sales to look into where your antenna is. Let me know

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

Thanks, I have added my mobile number to my profile.

Established Member

So it appears that Telkom has run out of antennas and we now have to wait another 3 weeks before we have proper internet again! 

Words cannot express how dissapointed I am with this service. It me reminds me of Telkom a decade ago!

About This Post
  • 24 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 Contributors