Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

LTE severely degraded

I've been using the LTE uncapped deal for R599 for about 3 months now, and the speeds have gradually been degrading. Its now at a point where the internet has become almost completely unusable, speed test of about 1.3Mbps between 5pm and 12am. I think Telkom in their infinite wisdom has now oversold a good product, thats was working exceptionally well, now cannot cope with the amount of users connected to a tower. Im based in Benoni and connect to the Cell ID below. Can anyone confirm if some sort of shaping is in place, because i suspect with all the new take on's with the R599/R799 offer, people are abusing the service. I do download large files time to time, not during peak times at least, but this is seriously frustating. Telkom needs to get their act together and do something about this. The sad part is its a 24 month contract, and i gave up a perfectly working 8mb ADSL for this solution. Really starting to regret the decision Smiley Sad

Anybody had luck in sucessfully addressing this with Telkom?

Device name:

B315s-936

IMEI:

IMSI :

My number:

Unknown

Hardware version:

WL1B310TM02

Software version:

Web UI version:

LAN MAC address:

WAN IPv6 Address:

Unknown

PCI:

CELL_ID:

RSRP:

-82dBm

SINR:

27dB

Highlighted

Re: LTE severely degraded

Same Sh1t everywhere. I've heard rumours Telkom is adding more towers and also talks about them adopting the 1800 Mhz range. If that is really the case they will avoid tons of hate comments on social networks by releasing some sort of press release to explain the issues.

I've been trying for the last 6 weeks to speak to someone that knows what is going on but everytime just get to answer some security questions and then provide my case number. After that I get an apology for the inconvenience and a promise that someone will contact me back.....nothing has changed and no one has contacted me.. Mine is at least just between 19:00 and 23:00

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors