Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LTE speeds to no match FUT policy!

My LTE speeds are being throttled to 4Mb constantly, even on the 2nd of the month, it is worst from about 6pm to 12am, on weekends I cannot even get over 4Mb during the day. I called in and opened a ticket, a lady by the name Mwabisa called me a few days later and said that ALL LTE uncapped subscribers are being throttled, no matter what between those times. I asked her to send me the new FUT policy, which she did. Upon reading it I noticed things were not correct in which I sent an email, see below:

"Effective immediately, customers making use of the LTE Uncapped product will receive an additional 100GB of full speed data per month.
 This means that customers would have to use in excess of 300GB of data per month before Telkom’s FUP will be applied.
 In the few instances where customers exceed the data allocation of 300GB Telkom will offer 50GB of data at a reduced speed of 4MBps.
Customers will still receive the existing 50 GB P2P/NNTP (Bit torrent and news server type access) bundle, with the current speed reductions to 128 Kbps from 6pm-midnight. As before, once the 50GB is consumed, speeds reduce to 128kbps for the rest of the month for P2P/NNTP traffic."

When you called me, you stated that for everyone the FUP applied between 6pm and 12am, according to the policy, full speed will be applied until you use over 300GB before the FUP it applied. i DO NOT use this amount of data per month, yet i am being throttled! Please can you show me my usage for the last three months or tell me how i can see my usage? Your usage tracker does not work or I do not know hoe to use this for LTE.

The policy also states:

"A small percentage of our base should receive an SMS notification that will be sent to the SmartBroadband
Wireless Uncapped LTE data MSISDN warning that usage is high and that usage should be reduced as they may be
subjected to the AUP"

I have never received an SMS notification from Telkom or an email stating the above.

Please see attached speedtest for times, even on the 2nd of the month i get slow speeds, but your policy states:

"Heavy users that may experience speed reductions will have their full speed back at the beginning of a new month."

I am not even a heavy user yet i am being throttled, Your urgent assistance in this matter will be appreciated, if you cannot assist me in this matter please escalate this matter so that it can be resolved."

I still have not received any feedback and i am being ignored. I need assistance with this ASAP.

Moderator Moderator

Re: LTE speeds to no match FUT policy!

Hi @rethan, although I understand your frustration, this Community is not a Service channel of Telkom, but rather a peer 2 peer support channel where our customers try and assist each other. We do not man this site with service agents. Please use our traditional channels to report your service - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted

Re: LTE speeds to no match FUT policy!

With all due respect, how is @rethan supposed to get his service fixed when the technicians and agents do not know what they are doing on Telkom side? I have a similar problem. My download speeds are fine, however every night at 6pm my gaming gets throttled even if I do not exceed the new limits which they have set with the new FUP which they changed cause they new they were in the wrong. It says that gaming will not be throttled only P2P.

I was just on the phone with a technician and she said that I will be throttled at 6pm for P2P no matter what! (Be it for gaming etc). I haven't even gone through the limit, so how can they throttle me from day 1 of the new month??

They need to get their heads out of their asses and fix their stuff. They need to get the right exceptions in place for gaming etc like it's supposed to be.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors