Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Lightning fast LTE deal? PRETTY PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP.

Apart from the sales number and the 081 180 number is there a higher authority one can contact to get any kind of service from Telkom? My LTE modem was delivered just before Xmass and I've not really used it, as my speed is below 2mb. Not the "lightning fast blazing speed" as the advertisement promised. I also missed the 5 day deadline "cool off" period to return the modem as this all happenned between xmass and new year.

I think Telkom already has broken their part of the contract and I should not be liable to be stuck with a 2 year contract.

A sub contractor actually visited my place and plugged in his notebook and notified me that the tower was over crowded with pre-paid phones and gave me a reference number 20066783. Upon hearing nothing I then phoned the 081 180 number, only to be informed that my case has been closed. To my amazement according to their records an external omni arial was installed at my place and "the client is now happy". I was then promised that they would follow up.

I then phoned sales to ask them if I can return the modem and not continue with the service as I had absolutely no luck with it. And I think being stuck with a 24 month contract that is basically useless borders on criminal. Because my 5 day "cooling off period I was then transfered back to "customer care" where once again I explained my scenario, explaining that my case is not solved. That NO ONE visited my place or installed an omni arial.

I was then told that the operator would contact the supervisor of the person who claimed to have installed the omni arial. I have not heard anything since my last attempted call. I also need to mention that even though I got to another customer care person, I had to discover that the previous one who helped me, did not report anything at all, and as far as the computer is concerned the case is closed and "I am happy"

Must I contact their fraud department to report the fraudulent installation of the arial? Can the case be investigated? I there someone other than the dreaded 081 180 number one can contact?

And then my final thoughts.... When one is finished with the call and one is asked to rate it. I suspect if you give Telkom a bad rating then your case is not reported at all, and you are simply another caller who is ignored.

ANYONE! PLEASE HELP.

Thank you

Moderator Moderator

Re: Lightning fast LTE deal? PRETTY PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP.

Hi @contheosius, LTE is very dependant on signal. Use the following email address to query the antenna installation (send them all your details)  - hso@telkom.co.za

output_Svao80.gif

Re: Lightning fast LTE deal? PRETTY PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP.

I'm definitely going to give it  try. Thank you very much.

Just silence. No one bothered to reply or to act on my email sent to the address you suggested.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors