Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MOBILE BROADBAND LTE-A DISMAL SPEEDS

[ Edited ]

For the last few months i have had terrible speed on my LTE-A offering. I pay R699 per month and in turn i get under 1MB download and very lucky if i get more than 0.25MB upload.

I logged a complaint in May after afew months of waiting for things to get better. A telkom technician came out and verified an issue and gave me a reference 19022991. To date i have received no feedback and yet still no better.

I then logged a complaint on Hello Peter and the next day i recieved a text saying they replacing a LNS router to handle high demand high bandwidth???

This means nothing to me , nor does it tell me how long i will be paying for a service I do not receive?

At the very least seeing as no one comes back to me , i should be receiving a credit on my monthly bill as I am paying for a service not being provided?

Moderator Moderator

Re: MOBILE BROADBAND LTE-A DISMAL SPEEDS

Hi @Russelr, thanks for using the Community. Just a reminder that this forum is for peer 2 peer support and not for Service related issues. We are not manned with service agents. Please use our traditional channels to report your fault and query your account.

output_Svao80.gif

Has there been any response from Telkom to this?

I just purchased the 2018 October Deal with 60GB LTE with Huawei Router, advertised as able to stream audio & video. During peak hours I can't stream anything!!!!!!!

I want to cancel my subscription since I am still within the 30 days cool off period under the Consumer Protection Act, however an agent on the phone told me today that I would have to pay penalties. Are you kidding me???

I want my contract cancelled and I will never ever in my life come to Telkom for any service again.

Annoyed9999

Your traditional channels are CRAP!!!!!

[ Edited ]

However, the country has a dismal download connection speed of 6.07 megabits per second (Mbps) when connecting to long-term evolution (LTE) networks, a standard for high-speed wireless communication. CCleaner Happy Wheels VLC

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors